Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Jump-Attack Guide for Night Walker

Jump-Attack Guide for Night Walker
    Hello every one. I'm a noob Night walker on the server, some time I see new comer feel confused about how to do Jump-attack as a NW so today I make a guide about this. Although Jump-attack guide is available in many website but it was confused for me to learn from these source so I make a clearer one, this guide also contain some test of mine about this technique.
    A real Night Walker must know how to jump-attack.
    Let start.

Why should we do jump-attack
    Do jump-attack help you boost your attack speed, make you become a great damage dealer if you can master the technique.
    Although people think jump-attack work by canceling the Quintuple stars fifth throws animation but I dont think so because of a fun fact that you can do jump-attack with lucky seven =))) Afaik in recent update of KMS this "bug" havent been "fixed" what so ever so I think Nexon accepted it as a normal techque of the game.
    How to do Jump-attack
    Most of us dont have mechanical keyboard that support simultaneous key pressing (too expensive) so this is a easy way to do it:
    First of all turn on sticky key, but turn off all the option below it. (this is from window 10, you can search how to do this on google)

Next set your jump key on either Alt, Ctr or Shift. and quintuple star on a letter key, you totally can set quintuple star on number key but it will be weird to use isnt it?
    This is my personal key set-up. I use this set-up for farming too because I got used to it. If you are using letter key for jump button this will be a little weird to use.

Now have your Throwing booster on and you're ready.
    When you have good spot to start attacking. Press and hold the jump button, then press and hold the Quintuple star button;; or press and hold both buttons at once (harder to do this way). Congrat you're jump-attacking now.
    You would need to practice quite a lot to master the technique in bossing, but it totally worth your time.

My tests about NW jump-attack
    How to test
    Use Battle Analysis System.
    this is a built-in system that can help you test many attribute like skill damage, dps, meso, exp etc...
    Here I use the Battle analysis system to count the number of attack that my NW do with different attack speed and when jump-attack/normal attack.

Testing result
    Time to test is 20 sec.
    This is the result with some different attack speed and its formula. Thowing booster is alway used since every one have Throwing booster and there is no point to not use it. Each result got tested many time to make sure there are no big different between everytime. Dark Servant is not used in the test.
    I have tried to increase attack speed by using DSI, battle mage yellow aura and Zero Divine Speed, individual and together. Those do not affect the result, that's mean DSI and other att-speed booster are completely useless for Night walker.
    I also tried at 100% jump (no haste) and 120%+ jump (haste+LGR/other equip that give jump%). And jump% does not affect the result, which mean you dont need to worry about haste or no haste when jump-attack (use haste pls, walk slowly and Vellum will kill you .-. )

Without +1 attack speed inner ability
    -Normal attack (by attack I mean use quintuple throw)
    +only throwing booster used

+use throwing booster and mpe green potion

-Jump-attack

+use throwing booster and green mpe potion

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With +1 attack speed inner ability
    -Normal attack

+use throwing booster and mpe green potion

-Jump-attack

+use throwing booster and green mpe potion

As what you can see, I do 60% more attack with jump-attack which mean Jump-attack can help you increase your attack speed by 60%. This is why you should know how to do jump attack in order to play NW efficiently.

** A trouble you may have if you set jump at Shift key
    I have this problem with Jump set at Shift key: some time when you walk or press any button you jump. You can fix this by choosing another button for jump key (Alt/Ctrl).
    A solution I found on internet say that you may open Control panel and do these step. Remember to check for every keyboard shown there.

If it still occur, just unplug your usb key board and plug it again it will be fixed for a while, but you can alway use Ctrl/Alt for jump if none of these solutions work.

Conclution
    This is my way of doing Jump-attack and all the tests were done on Ariesms only. Feel free to comment or point out anything's wrong in my guide.
    Hope this help player who want to become a Night Walker. Thank for reading.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Last edited by Nomemory; 08-17-2016 at 12:15 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomemory For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Silly profile, weird charc, useful guide I hope everyone enjoys it
    http://elluel.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11346&dateline=147000  9580
    "It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
    ― Confucius

Thanks
    great guide but one question.
    Can you still double flash jump by pressing the jump buttonn 2 times?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacostle View Post
    great guide but one question.
    Can you still double flash jump by pressing the jump buttonn 2 times?
    yes you can. You can still dodge boss attack like normal if you git gud enough.
    Last edited by Nomemory; 08-16-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettyboy View Post
    Silly profile, weird charc, useful guide I hope everyone enjoys it
    thank for your compliment on my profile. People of doge army alway know how to be silly with style.

Thanks

Thanks
    So if I press jump(not on any Sticky Key) and attack alternatively, it does not really increase my attack speed?
    Because I have tried using the battle analysis, the number of times used when I stand still almost equals the number of times used when I press jump and attack alternatively.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacostle View Post
    So if I press jump(not on any Sticky Key) and attack alternatively, it does not really increase my attack speed?
    Because I have tried using the battle analysis, the number of times used when I stand still almost equals the number of times used when I press jump and attack alternatively.
    No. And you're supposed to hold both button with sticky key for this to work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomemory View Post
    No. And you're supposed to hold both button with sticky key for this to work.
    Oh I see. LOL
    Have been doing the jump and attack for months and now only I realize it did nothing.

Thanks
    #nwmasterrace

Euni ♔ 250 Night Walker