Register

User Tag List

Thread: Donations

Donations

Just thought I'd start a discussion on the current form of donations. For me, as a new player, donating via bitcoin is extremely unpleasant. For starters, these fees are terrible. In order to make a $40 donation, I had to spend $77, which seems rediculous. Not only that, but as someone with no experience in bitcoin, it wasn't easy to figure out. Furthermore, looking at the websites posted as "trusted", its showing huge dips in the value of bitcoin. Is there ever going to be a different, more convenient and fair way, of donating?

Rank
    Ribbon Pig
    "Your hesitation is touching."
    "Aren't you upset at your fate?"
    People hated her. They wished for her death. She was destined to be killed by heroes, the embodiment of "justice." It was too sad-too sad to bear.

~Last Excerpt

Rank
    Snail
    This problem has been brought up so many times.. I wonder when the staff will actually address it tbh :|
    (no hate but forrealsies)
    Hi I'm Emma c:

Jour | 250 | Winder Archer | Autumn

Like I understand the security of bitcoin donations for the server, but I feel like what we get in return should be accurate of how much we paid, including the fees. It's not like there's a limited pool of DP they can give out, if I spent $77 to make a $40 donation to the server, then I should get $77 worth of DP. Seems a little bit more fair.

Rank
    Ribbon Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbsBot View Post
    Like I understand the security of bitcoin donations for the server, but I feel like what we get in return should be accurate of how much we paid, including the fees. It's not like there's a limited pool of DP they can give out, if I spent $77 to make a $40 donation to the server, then I should get $77 worth of DP. Seems a little bit more fair.
    Except that doesn't make much sense. Conversely, they only get $40 donation, why should they have to give back more than that? Believe me i understand the frustration and going forward bitcoin isn't really a viable option and i would love to see something else be implemented but its not like those fees are going to them and as such why should they pay for it?
    "Your hesitation is touching."
    "Aren't you upset at your fate?"
    People hated her. They wished for her death. She was destined to be killed by heroes, the embodiment of "justice." It was too sad-too sad to bear.

~Last Excerpt

Rank
    Snail
    Quote Originally Posted by Hene View Post
    Except that doesn't make much sense. Conversely, they only get $40 donation, why should they have to give back more than that? Believe me i understand the frustration and going forward bitcoin isn't really a viable option and i would love to see something else be implemented but its not like those fees are going to them and as such why should they pay for it?
    to build on this though the price of dp in game definitely does not reflect the amount people are paying and has not fluctuated whatsoever, therefore it's going to deter donation methods in the future.

If this was going to be the only long term method of donation I don't see why there isn't something in place in case of this happening.
    Another reason why more donation methods are needed, there are so many options available.
    Hi I'm Emma c:

Jour | 250 | Winder Archer | Autumn

Facebook message has a payment option that's instant and you're not able to chargeback. 🤔