Thread: Donations

Rank
    Snail
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Donations

Just thought I'd start a discussion on the current form of donations. For me, as a new player, donating via bitcoin is extremely unpleasant. For starters, these fees are terrible. In order to make a $40 donation, I had to spend $77, which seems rediculous. Not only that, but as someone with no experience in bitcoin, it wasn't easy to figure out. Furthermore, looking at the websites posted as "trusted", its showing huge dips in the value of bitcoin. Is there ever going to be a different, more convenient and fair way, of donating?

Rank
    Zombie Lupin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    "To save a friend, she cast herself into the abyss. What returned was merely a fragment of her past self, as if the water had gone dark, only a devoid vessel." <Redacted> Report 6xx

Rank
    Shroom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This problem has been brought up so many times.. I wonder when the staff will actually address it tbh :|
    (no hate but forrealsies)
    Hi I'm Emma c:

Jour | Winder Archer

Rank
    Snail
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Like I understand the security of bitcoin donations for the server, but I feel like what we get in return should be accurate of how much we paid, including the fees. It's not like there's a limited pool of DP they can give out, if I spent $77 to make a $40 donation to the server, then I should get $77 worth of DP. Seems a little bit more fair.

Rank
    Zombie Lupin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbsBot View Post
    Like I understand the security of bitcoin donations for the server, but I feel like what we get in return should be accurate of how much we paid, including the fees. It's not like there's a limited pool of DP they can give out, if I spent $77 to make a $40 donation to the server, then I should get $77 worth of DP. Seems a little bit more fair.
    Except that doesn't make much sense. Conversely, they only get $40 donation, why should they have to give back more than that? Believe me i understand the frustration and going forward bitcoin isn't really a viable option and i would love to see something else be implemented but its not like those fees are going to them and as such why should they pay for it?
    "To save a friend, she cast herself into the abyss. What returned was merely a fragment of her past self, as if the water had gone dark, only a devoid vessel." <Redacted> Report 6xx

Rank
    Shroom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hene View Post
    Except that doesn't make much sense. Conversely, they only get $40 donation, why should they have to give back more than that? Believe me i understand the frustration and going forward bitcoin isn't really a viable option and i would love to see something else be implemented but its not like those fees are going to them and as such why should they pay for it?
    to build on this though the price of dp in game definitely does not reflect the amount people are paying and has not fluctuated whatsoever, therefore it's going to deter donation methods in the future.

If this was going to be the only long term method of donation I don't see why there isn't something in place in case of this happening.
    Another reason why more donation methods are needed, there are so many options available.
    Hi I'm Emma c:

Jour | Winder Archer

Rank
    Snail
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Facebook message has a payment option that's instant and you're not able to chargeback. 🤔

Rank
    Snail
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's only a high fee if you donate small amounts. I only get charged $6 fee for my $100+ donations. Definitely rewarding! Besides, it's better this way to filter out people donating small amounts. Less DP in the market means steady control of the dp prices. More DP in the market will lead to lower rates and that's bad. Supply and demand.

Rank
    Shroom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    There's only a high fee if you donate small amounts. I only get charged $6 fee for my $100+ donations. Definitely rewarding! Besides, it's better this way to filter out people donating small amounts. Less DP in the market means steady control of the dp prices. More DP in the market will lead to lower rates and that's bad. Supply and demand.
    sorry but i definitely disagree with this i don't really think it's very fair to say 'it's better this way to filter out people donating small amounts'. Many people do work for their money and not all of us have $100+ to invest into a server at any given time but still would like to donate. The DP prices have been fairly static for the past long while at 1:3, as people are still donating and choosing to pay the service fees, the only time dp had ever rose was when it was completely unavailable when donations were down (it rose to 1:5-1:4.5 this was in october)

Every dollar should count, and people should still be getting what they pay for. There's lower amount options or a reason.
    Hi I'm Emma c:

Jour | Winder Archer

Rank
    Snail
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
    sorry but i definitely disagree with this i don't really think it's very fair to say 'it's better this way to filter out people donating small amounts'. Many people do work for their money and not all of us have $100+ to invest into a server at any given time but still would like to donate. The DP prices have been fairly static for the past long while at 1:3, as people are still donating and choosing to pay the service fees, the only time dp had ever rose was when it was completely unavailable when donations were down (it rose to 1:5-1:4.5 this was in october)

Every dollar should count, and people should still be getting what they pay for. There's lower amount options or a reason.
    No offense, but it's because I work hard that I am blessed to be able to splurge on donations. Not everyone who can afford to spend hundreds on games get it from their "daddy". There are actually people out there who make a good living. I personally don't mind this system. Less competition for me to sell my DP.