Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    Are slots end-game? Should they be easily accessible?
    Speaking solely on this it would preferably (strictly opinion here) that they were not end game but at the same time not easily accessible. Probably the main reason why I can agree with events giving character slots is because most people can participate in the events (most because some people (under 500k range?) could not kill the last boss in the Halloween event) and range/time spent playing the game(like overall not during an event)/how rich you were doesn't have a major factor in your accessibility to the character slots. Having other ways outside of events that wouldn't rely on the factors above would be preferable.

Note: In gms what keeps it sort of mid-end game is the difficulty of funding your characters and leveling up to 200 so I get that we can't have the same system of all 40 slots easily available since it's a joke to get to 200 (even moreso if you trade leeches). In Aries there isn't a simple system of defining early-late game since we can't compare to standard servers so I'm just wonder from everybody in general where is early game, or mid or late? Some may have differing opinions on where those three points stand (e.g. personally early game ends around being able to solo the cra + hmag, mid of mid game is around 30-35k stat once you can do lucid and late-game is around 50-55k stat+ where you can contest top ranks of hekaton during peak hours.).

TL;DR: Make the char slots somewhat hard to get but not have them severely gated by mesos/range.
    Last edited by Hene; 11-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.
    "Your hesitation is touching."
    "Aren't you upset at your fate?"
    People hated her. They wished for her death. She was destined to be killed by heroes, the embodiment of "justice." It was too sad-too sad to bear.

~Last Excerpt

I don't think character slots can be categorized strictly into early game, mid game or end game.
    Mchaos is considered "end-game" kinda because it costs a considerably large ton of mesos in order to obtain results that are better than super-scrolling.
    Donor slotting is also considered "end-game" because it requires progressively large amount of funds for the same little returns.
    These 2 above examples are considered "end-game" because the funds required can be channeled elsewhere to get the same or more returns.

However, no matter which stage of the game you are, character slots for legion would help any player. No matter whether you are a newbie or an end-game player, more stats/attack/boss damage/crit damage etc will always be beneficial. Furthermore, progressing further in legion does not require much funds (if any at all) - only daily effort to clear the 2 quests and of course to level up the mule accounts.

I do understand that it is much harder to level up in official servers, hence it would make sense to make character slots harder to obtain to kind of balance out the speed of progress for Legion. But making it a grind like in the case of Zero Dungeon requires far too much effort which is impractical for working/schooling players and newbies are better off farming.

Sidetracking a little, releasing character slots bit by bit by individual events would bring about unpredictable side issues like bugs . Quite a few accounts are affected and as a result have "phantom character slots". A friend who bought both CS slots and Halloween slots lost all the unused ones after the recent restart, and could no longer even purchase the CS ones. Hence, he is stuck at 12 maximum character slots, and gets kicked out of CS whenever he tries purchasing the remaining 9.

To answer Spyro's question on "Why should/is it necessary for a player to be able to access all classes in a single account?"
    This is because if a player has already used up all his character slots and wishes to try out a new character, making a new account would mean he has to redo all his links + legions + harder to transfer his mesos etc over to his new account.
    "Why not just try the new character out on a new account, then if the player likes it, make one on his first/main account?"
    If a player is interested in trying out a new job, usually he would make it decently strong to see if he likes the mobbing/bossing abilities and damage output. He might have invested some nodes / did the arcane prequests and dailies. Having to redo it on his main account after deciding he wishes to switch to that new job would be an unnecessary hassle.

Maybe a new farming map can be introduced which drops coins that can be exchanged for character slot expansion tickets. The map can have much stronger monsters so only higher-range players can finally have somewhere to farm other than MP. Additionally, make the tickets tradeable so that it can be a viable source of income as well other than just MP really.

Other suggestions that I'm in favour of:
    Paragon Rewards (Revamps soon please?)
    Achievement Rewards
    Legion Coin Shop
    Last edited by kohcoldnut; 11-03-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    "The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at."

Game Master
    Before this discussion goes on any further, I'm going to provide some insight as to why character slot coupons are 'gated' by events and naturally, this was an idea I brought up to Nova. If you have additional questions after reading through this post as to why such a decision was made, hit me up.

The only reasons why they're specifically available through events right now are :
    1. They're there to satisfy the community's calls for character slots to be implemented while the actual content where Character Slots can be obtained is being designed and coded to work.
    2. Provide a tiny form progression (no, I'm not referring to progression via events but the content mentioned in point 1) by not making it 100% free. If it wasn't obvious enough to certain players that there's close to 0 progression(Monster Park lul) in Aries and you still feel the need for things to be given out for free, then here's something new to learn today. Players will have to work for it and those who do will be rewarded. One thing that's obvious to me is the love for competition with other players (evident in Hekaton, and yes we hear your concerns) so that's the direction we're working towards with this new content.

The goal was never to make character slot(s) an 'event-only' thing as more than a handful of players have theorized on Discord. They're simply there so it is still possible to progress in Character Slots while we design the new content. Hence no, it's not going to take years of events for someone to have 40 (and eventually 42) slots maxed out.

Moving on, why should it be harder to obtain Character Slots in a private server as compared to an official server? The answer lies in the server rates and also mentioned by another player. It wouldn't take a seasoned player more than two hours to get a character from 1 to 200. Leveling is simply a non-factor for progression in Aries. Hence, this is where the difficulty in obtaining Character Slots comes in to balance out how easy it actually is to get your legion board completed upon obtaining your character slots.

Now to address some of the concerns :
    Quote Originally Posted by kohcoldnut View Post
    Sidetracking a little, releasing character slots bit by bit by individual events would bring about unpredictable side issues like bugs . Quite a few accounts are affected and as a result have "phantom character slots". A friend who bought both CS slots and Halloween slots lost all the unused ones after the recent restart, and could no longer even purchase the CS ones. Hence, he is stuck at 12 maximum character slots, and gets kicked out of CS whenever he tries purchasing the remaining 9.
    Slots are not permanently lost. They will be reimbursed when we push out a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by kohcoldnut View Post
    Other suggestions that I'm in favour of:
    Paragon Rewards (Revamps soon please?)
    Goes alongside with the new content, right after we're done with what we have on our hands (missing skills).

Quote Originally Posted by Hene View Post
    The main issue with character slots is just simply that there are nearly 0 avenues outside of events at the moment to get them.
    Are we going to include other ways of obtaining character slots as we go? Definitely, seeing how progression is mainly centered around Monster Park. Diversity is one thing Aries definitely needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hene View Post
    My main two reasons for bringing this up for discussion are the two classes coming out soon in gms and possibly soon Aries in the unforseen future (which players with capped slots can not make, i.e most players) and a post from quite literally over 3 months ago where the 40 char slots were approved but have been implemented in strange ways (events).
    My reply was "Will be added in due time due to Legion's dependence on character slots. ", which is far from what I imagine is inferred here which is also with reference to the new content. They'll be added as we go, not all 40 at once. We're constantly looking for new ways to provide new contents to players to diverge from the monotonous / repetitive game play.

Hopefully these points provided some understanding for this discussion to continue on in a direction where constructive ideas can be offered. We're not going to be giving out character slots for free.

Honestly i like the idea to put character slots into event reward. But GMs should increase the number of slots in each event(maybe 5 slots per event?). Because there are not so many events in a year (Halloween, Christmast, New Year??)

The restriction should be removed completely to allow players progress towards higher legion ranks and try more classes.

There's absolutely ZERO REASON why character slots should be limited in a GMS-like private server. It's pretty inexcusable.

Since most players that actually want the extra character slots are the ones that are fairly funded ( usually bored of playing the same class too long, so we probably have at least some meso or NX) y'all should just sell the character slots for more NX if it is past the 21 character slot limit.

Thank you for everyone's input, we will take them into consideration and provide the community an appropriate response with regards to your concerns on the availability of Character Slots soon.

Regards.