Register

User Tag List

Thanks

DPM/DPS Damage Test Implementation

I would like to suggest a way to test damage or hits per second by implementing a target dummy that has infinite hp. It has already been implemented in other versions of Maplestory and prove invaluable to some players. It is particularly hard to test damage as an Evan because there are so many skills.

Here is a link to a thread that talks about the damage dummy and its uses.
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=78252

Here are some excerpts from the forum just as a TLDR:

You can buy this thing from the dojo shop for 3,500 points and it summons a dummy you can use to test your DPS

I thought it would be neat to (for people who cap) see the theoretical max dps you can achieve with your class, though dojo isn't based on that any longer (which is a great thing btw).
    If you submit an entry try to have it over a period of at least 30 seconds so it has a chance to settle.
    According to Orange Mushroom, these are the types of dummies:

100% Oak: high defense/half resistances
    75% Oak: normal defense/half resistances
    25% Oak: low defense/half resistances

100% Straw: high defense/no resistances
    75% Straw: normal defense/no resistances
    25% Straw: low defense/no resistances

So, Oak is more like bosses such as CRA, Hard Magnus, and Hard Hilla, and Straw is more like bosses such as Zakum, Ranmaru, and Horntail.

Please specify which one you're testing with, as elemental resistance is a rather huge factor.
    Last edited by Praise; 09-07-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    A Wild Nova Has Appeared

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Praise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This has been suggested before; however, considering all that has been on there was +1's and it has neither been approved nor denied, a more detailed description of the suggestion is useful. Just wanted to inform you in case this receives no response as far as whether it will be approved or not.
    I'm back, but not as invested in this game as before.

Mystorm (Lv. 21x Bishop)

Discord: Quinn #9890

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    This has been suggested before; however, considering all that has been on there was +1's and it has neither been approved nor denied, a more detailed description of the suggestion is useful. Just wanted to inform you in case this receives no response as far as whether it will be approved or not.
    Yes I did see the suggestion has been done before. However, due to the large amount of suggestions and posts i don't think Nova had the chance to look at the suggestions. I did not see his tag on the "Members who have read this thread" section. Also, rather than bumping an old thread I decided to suggest my own with additional sources.
    A Wild Nova Has Appeared

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise View Post
    Yes I did see the suggestion has been done before. However, due to the large amount of suggestions and posts i don't think Nova had the chance to look at the suggestions. I did not see his tag on the "Members who have read this thread" section. Also, rather than bumping an old thread I decided to suggest my own with additional sources.
    isn't the single valid reason to "bump" a thread exactly that, to bring attention to a topic that should still be considered? could've added additional sources to the thread itself too, and have all the support in one place.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by song View Post
    isn't the single valid reason to "bump" a thread exactly that, to bring attention to a topic that should still be considered? could've added additional sources to the thread itself too, and have all the support in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I am not a big user of forums so I am not familiar with the proper etiquette. However, I will take this as a lesson learned for the future. Now, the problem at hand is not the focus on forum etiquette, but the implementation of the straw target dummy. I would like to have further comments be focused solely to the topic on hand.

Thank You.
    A Wild Nova Has Appeared