Register

User Tag List

Thanks

How to deal with Black Screen from Owl of Minerva.

As you may all know, there is a current bug that if you owl into a different channel, you will most of the time get a black screen completely. There is a way of dealing with this, the game does not instantly crash or become unplayable when you get this bug.

To bypass it, simply once you get the black screen, wait a second and then click escape. After that, click your cash shop button.

Note: You require the cash shop button bound to something, I have it on the default tilde button. I'm not sure if you can click anywhere else, you can try, but I don't risk it as this is an easy fix.

Once you complete this task, you'll end up in the cash shop. Exit the cash shop and you'll be left in the same FM room number, but in channel 1.

There, you have successfully bypassed the issue. Hope to a fix soon! Please do remember what channel the shop was in, you can do so by not clicking the red go button and just holding your cursor on top of it. It'll give you the location of the FM and channel it's in.

Happy Mapling!
    xd

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zacky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If i'm not wrong, another way would be to press esc, enter and change a room.
    This method helps if you do not have the cash shop bound to a key.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygon View Post
    If i'm not wrong, another way would be to press esc, enter and change a room.
    This method helps if you do not have the cash shop bound to a key.
    You would have to press escape twice as there is an error you can't see which is why I instruct to press escape then cash shop.

But yes, this should work! You have pretty much full control of your character, it's just that the screen is blackened out.
    xd

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zacky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacky View Post
    As you may all know, there is a current bug that if you owl into a different channel, you will most of the time get a black screen completely. There is a way of dealing with this, the game does not instantly crash or become unplayable when you get this bug.

To bypass it, simply once you get the black screen, wait a second and then click escape. After that, click your cash shop button.

Note: You require the cash shop button bound to something, I have it on the default tilde button. I'm not sure if you can click anywhere else, you can try, but I don't risk it as this is an easy fix.

Once you complete this task, you'll end up in the cash shop. Exit the cash shop and you'll be left in the same FM room number, but in channel 1.

There, you have successfully bypassed the issue. Hope to a fix soon! Please do remember what channel the shop was in, you can do so by not clicking the red go button and just holding your cursor on top of it. It'll give you the location of the FM and channel it's in.

Happy Mapling!
    Excuse me does this work when i go to Aliens too because i get black screen when i cc at Aliens.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feckmech View Post
    Excuse me does this work when i go to Aliens too because i get black screen when i cc at Aliens.
    Why not just try it? Lmao