Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Miyuho's GM Application

About me

Name: Mari
    Character Name: Cemetery
    Do you have a Skype (yes/no): Yes
    Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it: Mari #2478
    Time zone: Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00)

Questions

When did you join AriesMS?

The beginning of June 2016

What do you like most about AriesMS?

Definitely the community. When i first came to AriesMS I saw the warm and comfortable community. I knew that this is the kind of community I was looking for.

How well are you able to communicate with the players?

For me, I am one of the members of my schools super council. In the super council, we voice the opinions of the student body. The student council is responsible for maintaining order, voicing suggestions or changes, and creating a welcoming environment for fellow students, Being on the student council for 3 years and more to come, I have learned the importance of respect, honesty, and kindness towards students and teachers. Also, we learn to deal with situations in a more professional manner. Just like being on a super council, AriesMS is a continuously growing server and the community blooming.

I love talking to people. I love to learn and share what I have with others. For example on discord there is always exchange in conversation between people. On this server so many people are so helpful and nice towards one another, communication would definitely not be a problem.

Do you have any other commitments?

Nope, not as of now. I'm in my last year of school, studying to become a neurosurgeon.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?

Yes.

Which one?

GMS

How long?

I played GMS for 4 years, however I quit a year ago.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?
    No, but I feel like this would be a great opportunity for me. I would be able to show the staff and the community of AriesMS how helpful I am and how much i can bring to the team. Honestly I see so many applications with experience and I feel like I'm behind but if i do get the chance, I'll show my potential through this experience. Being blessed with an opportunity like this would be a real leap of faith but this experience would equip me with more knowledge and allow me to show what I can bring to the team.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?

I am more comfortable working in a team, I love working together with people . As I said before the student council is made up of many people and our group as a whole works together to create a safe and comfortable environment. However, I am just as capable for working alone and independently with efficiency and accuracy~.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?

I love art. Art has been a hobby for me for many years. My ability of art could help bring colour to the community .
    I am active on the forums, Discord/Skype, and the actual game. I think we more GMs that are active that follow my time zone, there are often times when there are no GMs active during my timezone.
    I like to take charge. I am usually very good at dealing with difficult situations and I like to be the mediator.
    I am quick to catch on and keen. I like to analyze situations and pick at the details.
    I like challenges, I like things that challenge me to be resourceful.
    I value respect and honesty, these are my two most important rules.
    I am good with dealing with disrespectful and rule breaking people. I like to see justice being brought down.
    Though I am serious at times, I am reasonable. I don't judge a book by it's cover, there is never a good time or situation to judge someone just off the bat.
    Once I've started something, I persevere until the end. I never like to leave tasks unfinished. No matter the task, I will be determined to finish it.
    I am able to lead, leadership is a very essential trait. Either it's enforce rules, keep groups in order, or to carry out a task I will be able to, with my qualities, lead the way.
    On top of all this, I am able to do trouble shooting both common and uncommon errors for players and help with many class related issues.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?

→ #1 is respect.Respect is so important when becoming GM, respect must be given to all players without fail. Bias when becoming a GM is a big no no. When you respect others you will earn respect as well.

→ #2 is knowledge. Knowledge is crucial when becoming someone like a GM. A GM must know many things such as commands, the ToS, commands, bugs, technical issues, leveling/training spots, NPCs, and many more. Without this basic knowledge, a GM wouldn't be able to provide for the community.

→ #3 is social skills. Social skills of a GM must be top notch, communication is very crucial when it comes to helping the community of AriesMS.

→ #4 is Professionalism/seriousness. Though being humorous and playful at times, there are times when GMs have to be firm and serious when it comes to dealing with certain situations. Doing this will allow the community to be safe and in order.

→ #5 is Alertness. A GM would be alert and constantly on the look out for rule breakers and take measures against them. Alertness could also apply to other issues such as player issues with the map, character problems, and etc.

→ #6 is being open minded.Being a GM, we must always be able to take in opinions and new ideas. It is also very important to evaluate situations in many different perspectives to sucessfully resolve a situation.

Why do you want to work with us?

I want to bring something to the team. I believe that AriesMS has a very good team, I believe that I could help maintain this environment that I came to AriesMS for. When I first joined AriesMS, this server had about 400 people online constantly, that number is continuously growing and growing very fast (about 500~ 600 now). I want to be able to reach out the the community of AriesMS and be able to give them the safe, comfortable, and fun environment they came to AriesMS for.

As I said before, I want to gain experience by being part of a good team. Being a GM is a learning process in itself. I want to use my qualities as an advantage to help assist the staff and help the server continuously grow to be more and more successful. want to be able to grow along side the server and be able to look back and be proud that I had a contribution to AriesMS.

This application maybe a little longer than the rest.
    If you need more information, feel free to Pm me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Miyuho; 08-07-2016 at 10:39 PM.

I quit.
    ToS | Updates | All-in-one| wow

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miyuho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1 I've seen her help a lot of new players in fm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slednex For This Useful Post:

Banned Zeta
    Thanks
    +1

One of the people that i respect in Aries. CHEERS!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    To be honest, you don't need to be a Staff to be able to show how helpful you are or how much you can bring to the team. Merely displaying how you perform as a player is a good enough gauge.

You claim to be active on Discord, but for the past few days that I have been online for roughly 15 hours per day; I don't see you around at all and only when the server is restarting.

Also, you claimed that "respect is a given when becoming someone like a GM", then proceeded to contradict yourself by mentioning to "Give respect to receive respect". For the record, respect is earned not given. It doesn't matter if you're a GM or an Admin, you earn your respect. It isn't a "given" when you become staff. In case you've misunderstood that, I've elaborated it for you.

Again, you can always contribute as a player and still look back with great memories. It doesn't really help to justify your reason of joining.
    I'm sorry my wording is wrong and not up to par with yours but I'm pretty sure that people can understand. Also, I want to contribute to the community as a whole, the contributions of a GM and a player is different.
    Btw, I have been active the last few days on discord. I just may not have been talking in the chat.
    Thanks for the feedback~.
    Last edited by Miyuho; 06-29-2016 at 06:55 AM.

I quit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    To be honest, you don't need to be a Staff to be able to show how helpful you are or how much you can bring to the team. Merely displaying how you perform as a player is a good enough gauge.

You claim to be active on Discord, but for the past few days that I have been online for roughly 15 hours per day; I don't see you around at all and only when the server is restarting.

Also, you claimed that "respect is a given when becoming someone like a GM", then proceeded to contradict yourself by mentioning to "Give respect to receive respect". For the record, respect is earned not given. It doesn't matter if you're a GM or an Admin, you earn your respect. It isn't a "given" when you become staff. In case you've misunderstood that, I've elaborated it for you.

Again, you can always contribute as a player and still look back with great memories. It doesn't really help to justify your reason of joining.
    From what I've seen she has been active on discord, maybe you're on at different times?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slednex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyuho View Post
    I'm sorry my wording is wrong and not up to par with yours but I'm pretty sure that people can understand. Also, I want to contribute to the community as a whole, the contributions of a GM and a player is different.
    Btw, I have been active the last few days on discord. I just may not have been talking in the chat.
    Thanks for the feedback~.
    Yeah I do understand your POV, but look at this from their POV, how are they supposed to know you are helpful when you don't even talk at all?

Regarding respect, I would have thought you'd review your application a few more times before submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Slednex View Post
    From what I've seen she has been active on discord, maybe you're on at different times?
    Out of the 15 hours of a day's full 24 hours, perhaps I would have been able to catch just a wee bit of her contribution. Also my claims don't come from just me alone, I have sources from other timezones agreeing so. Unless I'm misunderstanding this, but being active doesn't equate to just being online.

I could elaborate far more, but I'll leave it just as that. Clearly, you think I'm just bashing your app because I may seem to "enjoy" it. But why not take of this as an opportunity to learn how to better present yourself, and provide better statements.

Everyday is a learning process, even you understood it, just in a different way. Cheers.
    Last edited by Spyro; 06-29-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Rephrasing

"Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming.
    When nothing is certain, anything is possible."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spyro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1, she's a very sweet and welcoming person
    вєчσndєr αnd laughs 💓
    ❝laughs 215 bowmaster ❞ | hσmє

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Princesses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi there, Mari! I enjoyed the overall look of your application, and decided to provide my input, which you can find below. These comments are not, in any way, meant to be rude or anything of the sorts.

On account of your activeness in Discord, I'd have to agree with Spyro. I know I'm not a 24/7 active member of the Discord, but I am always on it. Checking in, helping where I can, talking to whomever. Unfortunately, I've never gotten the chance to speak to or see you in the Discord chat. It can't be due to hours I am on as we share the same timezone. (irony; I just checked Discord and finally see you)

Now, I'd like to focus more on your school's super council (which sounds really cool, I have something similar in my school). Not to bash it in any sort of way, but how does that compare to a Maplestory Private server? I realize that they share common aspects (communication, respect, listening, etc.) but the audience, per se, is different between the two. I'd like to learn a bit more about you, yourself, as a person, and how you'd communicate to a different type of audience. Remember, not everyone in the world can be professional/civil like a student/teacher at a school.

Switching back to activeness, you mentioned you're active on the forums. From the looks of it, you're not really active besides your Money Making Guide (which is highly in-depth and colorful, which I like). Maybe we have different definitions for being active; in my eyes, being active includes participation. No, I'm not saying your guide isn't participating at all, but most of your "participation" is concentrated in one thread. The same goes for Discord.

That's my two cents. Good luck!
    Last edited by Bliss; 06-29-2016 at 10:48 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bliss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Please do not get hurt by anything i say , it's just my opinion and how i see things , i might be wrong and a bit mean, so please don't take it hard cause i'm sure you are a great and lovely person but i still want to voice my opinion about it.

Starting from forums activity , like others said your main focus is on the one thread you made , which yes was quite great and nice to read , but that's it , i don't see you taking interest in other places , and a lot of your messages are in the lounge forums or just random ones that seems like you wanted to bump your post count.

Continuing on , your experience and activity in game seems to be lacking , i'm in your alliance also and i can tell when you log in , and i'm on for a long time , i'm sure i would see you talking or get involved since our alliance is pretty active,and when you are online it seems you are mostly afk at fm or just sitting there, doesn't seems like you have much experience in the game and at being gm , i respect you for your will and that you want to try but in my opinion the server does not need another gm with no much experience and that won't make any change in the server , you can help the people in the server by being a normal player, i don't see you making any difference with gm powers , gm powers were meant for mostly testing bugs ,banning hackers and botters by following them, events which doesn't seems to be needed in the server since we got one every 3 hours and the gm events are just way worse than the server events ,and yea you can help people with some bugs sometimes but that's pretty rare for a gm to do so, so i think you have no use of those powers , i don't see you using those much to do any of those things , and again if you really want to help like you said in your thread with problems and weird situations , you can do it as normal player , i don't see any reason why you need to be a gm to do that ,there are far better applications and people that i saw around that will be much better gm than you and that can make use of the gm powers.

Please do not take anything i said hard, it's not about you as a person , it's my opinion about what the server is needed , since i can see that a lot of people are helping already if it's on forums or on discord , Aries community is very supporting and nice , so i do not think we need any more gm's to do that and i still think you can contribute as a player exactly as much as you can contribute as i understand you want to help and share your knowledge from school council but i think there are better suited people for being a gm right now , we don't need another gm to sit and wonder what to do and just wait for someone to need help , we have quite a bit of gm's/intern that already do that.
    I'm really sorry if i was a bit harsh but i still think it will be unfair if you were to be accepted as a gm , have a great day and best of luck with your application

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Glacier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Please do not get hurt by anything i say , it's just my opinion and how i see things , i might be wrong and a bit mean, so please don't take it hard cause i'm sure you are a great and lovely person but i still want to voice my opinion about it.

Starting from forums activity , like others said your main focus is on the one thread you made , which yes was quite great and nice to read , but that's it , i don't see you taking interest in other places , and a lot of your messages are in the lounge forums or just random ones that seems like you wanted to bump your post count.

Continuing on , your experience and activity in game seems to be lacking , i'm in your alliance also and i can tell when you log in , and i'm on for a long time , i'm sure i would see you talking or get involved since our alliance is pretty active,and when you are online it seems you are mostly afk at fm or just sitting there, doesn't seems like you have much experience in the game and at being gm , i respect you for your will and that you want to try but in my opinion the server does not need another gm with no much experience and that won't make any change in the server , you can help the people in the server by being a normal player, i don't see you making any difference with gm powers , gm powers were meant for mostly testing bugs ,banning hackers and botters by following them, events which doesn't seems to be needed in the server since we got one every 3 hours and the gm events are just way worse than the server events ,and yea you can help people with some bugs sometimes but that's pretty rare for a gm to do so, so i think you have no use of those powers , i don't see you using those much to do any of those things , and again if you really want to help like you said in your thread with problems and weird situations , you can do it as normal player , i don't see any reason why you need to be a gm to do that ,there are far better applications and people that i saw around that will be much better gm than you and that can make use of the gm powers.

Please do not take anything i said hard, it's not about you as a person , it's my opinion about what the server is needed , since i can see that a lot of people are helping already if it's on forums or on discord , Aries community is very supporting and nice , so i do not think we need any more gm's to do that and i still think you can contribute as a player exactly as much as you can contribute as i understand you want to help and share your knowledge from school council but i think there are better suited people for being a gm right now , we don't need another gm to sit and wonder what to do and just wait for someone to need help , we have quite a bit of gm's/intern that already do that.
    I'm really sorry if i was a bit harsh but i still think it will be unfair if you were to be accepted as a gm , have a great day and best of luck with your application

Hey Glacier, I have read what you said and honestly it's true that I don't talk in alliance much. I don't really focus on alliance or the guild at all and the only time that I do is when someone is asking for something or asking for help. When I am Afk, I am either on discord or looking around on the forums. TBH I'm mostly in free market and I don't see you very often in fm. There are constantly people asking for help in FM. I'm not getting offended or anything but i just wanted to get some things straight. I not only spend time in FM but I also play like the rest of the maplers. There are often people not only in FM but else where such as monster maps where there are ksers and rule breakers and I do try to deter them or stop them. I've only ever saw you once in FM and this is the judgement that you're making. Solely based on activity on guild/alliance. Also, I feel like your comment is more bias on the fact that you think that there are GMs that abuse their power and don't know anything. I don't feel like it's geared towards me for example:

events which doesn't seems to be needed in the server since we got one every 3 hours and the gm events are just way worse than the server events
    we don't need another gm to sit and wonder what to do and just wait for someone to need help , we have quite a bit of gm's/intern that already do that.
    ?? I feel like you problem is more towards the actual team than towards me.

Also, my the time I already had 15 I started posting on GM interuption and other posts such as the "fix it". I am not trying to boost my count since I already have the requirement???
    i don't see you taking interest in other places , and a lot of your messages are in the lounge forums or just random ones that seems like you wanted to bump your post count.
    I'm sorry if his seems like I'm mad cause I'm not. I just feel like i have to speak my mind on these things since comments are just being made over and over again on the same thing. Some of the things aren't even about me.

Thank you for your comment.
    Last edited by Miyuho; 07-04-2016 at 07:15 AM.

I quit.