Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Scroll & Star Enhance Equipment Guide

Since some of the new players have asked about scrolling in this server, I've compiled a guide to everything you'll need to know about scrolling!

Scrolling Weapons:
    To scroll weapons, we have something called Maple Administrator's Gift Box available for 800 Monster Park Commemorative Coins at the NPC Laku in Monster Park. Maple Administrator's Gift Box is essentially a 'Super Scroll' which gives +5 of your weapon's main stat and +10 Attack or Magic Attack. (You can go to Monster Park from Quick Move)

After obtaining the Maple Administrator's Gift Box, you may open your Item Inventory to click on the little red hammer on the bottom right corner. Then drag your item and scroll down to the option that says '100% Super Scroll ATT or MATT.' Each slot will consume 1 Maple Administrator's Gift Box and 729 Spell Traces.

(You may obtain Spell Traces from Miu Miu's Merchant in the Reward Shop using Reward Points [Cash Shop], Random Mobs, and the Free Market)

Normally each weapon can be scrolled up to 7 or 8 times (up to 9 or 10 if you use a Golden Hammer from the Cash Shop), but in Aries you may go to the FM and enhance your weapon up to an additional 7 slots!

In the FM you will find the NPC Cygnus -> Donor Point -> Give a slot to existing equipment. Slot prices will increase depending on how many you have currently added:
    -1st and 2nd slot: 500 DP each
    -3rd, 4th, and 5th slot: 1,000 DP each
    -6th and 7th slot: 1,500 DP each

Scrolling Gears:
    Now there's nothing too special about scrolling gears, its very simple and much like GMS or your weapons.

At the moment, there is no exact defined clear superior method to scroll seeing as one revolves around RNG and the other reliant on very late end game. Alternatively, you can also do a mix of each if that suits your taste.

Super Scroll Method:
    Just like your weapons, your equipment may also use Maple Administrator's Gift Box which guarantees you stats with each upgrade. It will grant you +9 of your class' main stat and consume spell traces as well. The reason why this works so efficiently is because end game your %stats scale much harder than pure attack/magic attack. So having a total of 10 slots would grant you +90 of each stat which is going to scale extremely well. Apparently Nexon's stat ratios have been skewed since % potentials were released, so there's no exact scaling from stat:attack.

Chaos Scroll Method:
    Unlike Super Scrolls which you are essentially guaranteed +9 of your stat, you may gain stats at random with chaos scrolls. You have a choice between Miraculous Chaos Scrolls or Chaos Scrolls of Goodness. Which you may obtain from your good friend Laku back at Monster Park again for 150-200 Monster Park Commemorative Coins OR you may also obtain them from Gachapon.

-Miraculous Chaos Scrolls have a chance to either subtract or add up to 10 of your items stats and attack/magic attack.
    -Chaos Scrolls of Goodness have a chance to add up to 5 of your items stats and attack/magic attack.

However when using these scrolls, since they are not 100% and will lose slots if they fail, you have the safety of Shield Scrolls! These scrolls protect slots from disappearing upon failure and you can obtain them the same way as your Chaos Scrolls (Laku or Gachapon).

What happens if I forgot to use a shield scroll? Do I lose the slot forever?:
    No, if you forgot to shield scroll, then Clean Slate Scrolls have a chance to revive a slot on a failed scroll. You may obtain these from either Laku once again or the Special Shop NPC right above the Free Market Entrance for 50 Nameless Coins each.

What happens if a chaos scroll LOWERED the stats I wanted? Can I revert it?:
    Yes, if a Miraculous Chaos Scroll loses all of the stats you want, NO WORRIES!
    You may obtain Innocence Scrolls from the Special Shop for 1,500 Timeless Coins, the Achievements Shop for Reward Coins which you may obtain from doing Daily Achievements (You can access this NPC from the option Quick Move), or from the NPC Pub for 12,500 PQ Points (Quick Move -> Dimensional Mirror -> Party Quest Entry).

Special Accessories:
    Some equips require different methods of scrolling such as:

-Lightning God Rings, these can use Accessory for ATT or MATT Scrolls from Laku followed by any form of Chaos Scroll.

-Gollux Accessories, these can use either risking your luck with chaos scrolls or using their appropriate Basic or Advanced Gollux Scrolls from the NPC Lucia in Tynerum: Memories of the Heart Tree.

-Hearts (for Androids), this equip accepts ANY scroll in the game. Currently, the two preferred methods are using 10% scrolls with shield scrolls or 100% scrolls from the Elite Coin rewards in the Special Shop. Note: Any other scroll works with hearts, so if you're tight on cash you may feel free to use other scrolls that are less beneficial.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Enhancing:
    Now that you've finished scrolling your items, we begin the Star Enhancements!

You may star enhance your items using the same little red button in the bottom right of corner of your Item Inventory. These will be using mesos for each enhancement; the higher your star enhancement, the more mesos it will cost!

Normal Equipment can star enhance 1-5 times without dropping stars on failure, 6-9 and 11-15 will lose a star upon failure.
    You may enhance without anything but mesos until your 12th star.

Superior Equipment star enhance will always drop a star if you fail. You may enhance the first star with an Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll (available from cube fragments) and mesos until the 5th star. For the 6-7th star, you will require a Superior Shielding Ward from the NPC Pub to prevent destruction of the item.

After the 12th star on normal equipment and the 7th star on superior equipment, you will require a Sapphire Box from our dear NPC Laku in Monster Park once again! These enhance your stars without chance of destruction or star loss. (Note: Sapphire Boxes are essentially the equivalent of 'Safeguard.')

What happens if I blew up an item? Is it gone forever?!:
    No, your item is safe... for the most part. You can obtain the same equip once again in its clean state and use it to revive your previous one. You will keep all of the scrolling, but lose all stars and your BONUS potential. (Not regular potential).

Note: Star Enhancement will not permanently destroy your item, but advanced equip enhancement scrolls and equip enhancement scrolls will PERMANENTLY DESTROY your item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cubes & Potentials:
    Now that you've finished scrolling all of your items, let's go over the other form of damage such as potentials. This is probably the biggest way to boost your damage, but will be solely reliant on RNG (Random Number Generator).

How Potentials Work:
    First of all, there are certain scrolls called potential scrolls, there are a large variety of them, but in the end they all do the same thing, give you potential!

There are currently two different ways to measure the tiers of potentials; first is by level (typically you do not want to cube anything unless it is level 71+ which is the second strongest and most common level tier of potentials with level160+ being the first) and secondly by actual tiers ranging from weakest to strongest: Rare, Epic, Unique, and Legendary.

Each piece of equipment can obtain up to 3 lines of regular potential, if you only have 2 lines, you can either first use Premium Miracle Cubes obtainable through the cash shop, the FM's special shop for Old Maple Coins, or Potential Stamps from Monster Park. After ensuring there are 3 lines, use red cubes to acquire legendary rank and obtain a decent potential until you have enough for violet cubes which are end game purchases.

Finally there are the bonus potentials, these are simply 3 extra lines of potential making a total of six lines. This will require a separate 'Bonus Potential Scroll' which can be obtained from the Cash Shop. Similarly to regular potentials, if you have only 2 lines, you may obtain a 'Bonus Potential Stamp' to add a third line through the Party Quest Entry rewards shop.

TL;DR See below

Types of Cubes:

- Miracle Cube (*COUGH* TRASH *COUGH*)
    - Super Miracle Cube (*COUGH* TRASH *COUGH*)
    - Enlightening Miracle Cube (*COUGH* TRASH *COUGH*)
    - Black Cube (Let's be real here, don't waste your time or money.)

- Premium Miracle Cube (1st: Ensure there are 3 Lines of potential, if so skip these)
    Obtainable thru: Cash Shop, FM's Special Shop

- Red Cube (2nd: Spam these until you hit legendary and get a temporary potential)
    Obtainable thru: Monster drops, FM's Special Shop, Monster Park,

- Violet Cube
    (3rd: These cubes allow you to choose 3 out of 6 random lines given; late game)
    Obtainable thru: Reward Points in Cash Shop, Aries/Donor Points

- Bonus Potential Cube (1st: Spam these meso drainers until you get something you like or run out)
    Obtainable thru: FM's Special Shop for Time coins, Cash Shop, Low drop rate from Crocks in LHC

Please feel free to comment if you enjoyed this thread or anything confused you that I could clarify. Thank you!
    Last edited by Imperfect; 12-29-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added cubing

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Imperfect For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    You can also get 40% innocence scrolls from the PQ shop

Thanks
    It's still a bit unclear to me now, but it might possibly bring good use to me in future! Thanks for the post anyway

Banned Epsilon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JereFantasy View Post
    It's still a bit unclear to me now, but it might possibly bring good use to me in future! Thanks for the post anyway
    If you need any help feel free to whisper me in-game,
    IGN: Lynnex

Thanks
    Will do

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatos View Post
    You can also get 40% innocence scrolls from the PQ shop
    Ah thank you very much! Just updated the guide.

Thanks
    Thanks for the guide! Reallt enlightened a newbie like me.

Side note: Should I get Solid Gollux ring in replacement of silver blossom ring?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFurer View Post
    Thanks for the guide! Reallt enlightened a newbie like me.

Side note: Should I get Solid Gollux ring in replacement of silver blossom ring?
    There are many debates about Solid Gollux Ring, but needless to say for the final end-game Silver Blossom Ring will be replaced.

However, you may still use the ring for %drop rate instead of damage when you boss or train.
    Last edited by Imperfect; 06-05-2016 at 03:23 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Imperfect For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have a question. Can i buy the maple administrator gift box from MP coin sellers or do i have to farm the coins myself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuseigun View Post
    I have a question. Can i buy the maple administrator gift box from MP coin sellers or do i have to farm the coins myself.
    Maple Admin Box can't be traded, so you'll have to buy service as in give the seller the amount of spell traces needed as well as the item.