Register

User Tag List

Thanks

Cant's GM Application.

Personal Details

Name: Jun
    Character Name: Cant
    Do you have a Skype (yes/no): Yes, furnished upon request
    Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it: Yes, it is i Cant Jun #1329
    Time zone: Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8:00)

When did you join AriesMS?
    It has been approximately 3 weeks since I had joined, close to 4.

What do you like most about AriesMS?
    The main factors I look for within a private server is one, liability. Can I trust it not to lag and crash? Are there any bugs that may ruin the gameplay experience? Are the rates fair? I personally believe AriesMS knock all of these questions down without a doubt. The server runs smoothly with hardly any lag, given the fact that it is a fairly new server, which is quite impressive. I could see with my very own eyes that bugs are being fixed and updated almost weekly, or even daily at times. The exp rates and drop rates simulate that of GlobalMS, which in my opinion, is the biggest attraction about AriesMS. Second, is the game pay-to-win? AriesMS provides various ways to obtain in-game currency (meso) in order to strengthen oneself with ease, so therefore, no, it is not pay-to-win, which is one of the main things I look for when I play a game. Last but not least, the community. AriesMS offers one of the MOST friendliest and humorous communities that I have come across in my lifetime of playing MapleStory private servers. As a newb who first joined the server, there were people who willingly helped me and guided me through the structures of the server without knowing who I am. They even spared me mesos, potions, and skillbooks without my request of them. If I had any questions and spoke up to ask, there will be players who are willing answer ALL of them. Learning from the examples of other players, I slowly notice myself becoming like them and lending a helping hand to other new players. Being on AriesMS, I am almost never bored, there are plenty of people in Channel 1 Free Market Entrance that you could chat with after a long day of hunting mobs and bosses. People on AriesMS tend to joke around harmlessly and you would rarely find anyone in an argument with one another, which creates the perfect atmosphere/environment that I enjoy being in.

How well are you able to communicate with the players?
    I am able to speak to speak 3 languages fluently: English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Which allows me to efficiently communicate with a vast majority of the players, including much of the players from Asia. Generally, I am the type of person that enjoy joking around with others with no ill intentions, which allows me to easily relate to the players and communicate with them while still getting work done. I can also be extremely polite and professional if I need to be.

Do you have any other commitments?
    I am currently working a part-time job as a barista in a boba shop, 3 days a week. I am on summer break from school so I have a lot of spare time in my hands.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?
    Yes

Which one?
    Global MapleStory.

How long?
    I have played on the Global server for about 6 years on and off.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?
    Yes

List the game(s)
    MineCraft

How long have you worked there?
    About half a year.

What do your duties consist of?
    I was the moderator for the big MineCraft server that I played on. My job was to keep the server chat friendly and remove any hostile factors. I had the power to mute, kick, jail, and ban anyone from the server if I see that those are the only options left. I also had the power to go invisible and teleport to other players to lurk around, making sure no suspicious activites are happening, for example, any cheating or hacking.

Do you still work there? If no, why not?
    No, it has been at least 2 years since the official shut-down of the server, but I enjoyed my time there.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?
    As an only child, I grew up alone. I learned to work alone and pull through anything by myself. I am able to efficiently get the job done without failure alone or with a team. Nonetheless, I believe teamwork is important, multiple good ideas can come together as a single great idea. Having a team will relieve the stress of the work load and tackle down any questions one may have. In conclusion, I am able to work alone and/or with a team, both efficiently.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?
    Frankly, I am a people pleaser, I do whatever it takes to keep the players happy. As for the staff team, I will bring with me, my unique personality. I am able to provide with the best of my abilities, unbiased point of views and solutions to any tough problems. I do not crack even under extreme levels of pressure, I am able to remain calm and clear-minded under any circumstances. For example, I went on a road trip by myself once to a city 4 hours drive away from my home to meet my friends who lives there, my car was stolen and I did not, for one second, panic at all (I eventually found my car and got home safely, happy ending). I do not support favoritism, I pay attention to both sides of the story when a problem arises, then I will resolve the problem in the most peaceful and proper manner.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?
    I believe the most important quality in a person is their personality. Any person can be extremely intelligent and enlightened, but they could possess a personality that is not fit for a certain job or position. I once met the owner of a MineCraft server that I use to play in half a year ago. He is very intelligent and codes the entire server with the help of a few of his friends, he knew exactly what he was doing, but due to his short temper, he often yelled at the players in the server out of frustrations when they asked him questions, which is a perfect example of what not to do, and I am the exact opposite of that, I love to assist players in any way possible. Attendance, dedication, and time management are also important qualities, being able to arrive on time and getting work done before deadlines, resolving issues under the least amount of time while having it done efficiently so one could move on to tackle the next issue. But also be a great leader, "be the change you wish to see", be a good example for other players to follow to keep the community's positivity up.

Why do you want to work with us?
    Being on AriesMS has motivated me to want to protect it and keep it the way it is. I love the AriesMS community, it's friendly and entertaining, kind of like a flower bud that you would want to water and protect to see it bloom into a beautiful flower. I have met a few of the GMs and interns, I even befriended 2 of them, Blaiseiken and iDaze, both of who are perfect examples to follow for any staff members. I, myself will follow their example in assisting the staff team and the players. I would love to further improve the gaming experience for players on AriesMS, and joining the AriesMS staff team would be the best way in doing so. I also want to tackle the common misunderstanding of "GMs and staff members are joykills and picks on me", I understand that staff members do not pick on a player for no reason as I have been in the same position myself as the Moderator on the MineCraft server, but I want the players to know why we do what we do without any accusations of favoritism. I want to show other players that staff members are also people, and that they can also be humble.

Thank you for taking your time to read my application, please consider me as a possible future member of the AriesMS staff team, have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Cant; 06-12-2016 at 04:08 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Applicant has not shown the effort/interest on becoming a Staff Member.

Denied.