Register

User Tag List

Thanks

Improving the stability of the game

Hope everyone from the admin team can give up a minute or two to read this.

I've been a player of AriesMS for the longest time ever(literally) and have been a huge fan of the server. I'm sure Nova and the rest of the team try their utmost best to make things work as smoothly as possible and I'm pretty sure they are unable to please every single player on the server.

Despite that, I would like to urge them to focus on maintaining the smoothness and stability of the server instead of focusing on newer implementations to the server. I would say stability is key to the server, if people can't have a stable server to play in, what makes good of implementing new stuffs to the server? I'm not actually flaming or ranting, just hoping that the admin team would take note of this and really give it a thought.

Smoother logins, game play that is less laggy etc. would actually make the entire server a better place to be in.

Agree/disagree?
    Life - PALADIN
    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Agreed, trying to stay as up to date as GMS causes a lot of problems

You need good amount of time and a decent sized work force to implement everything fast and efficiently with each version update...
    It seems the coder(s) is pushing out new version updates as fast as he/she/they can..

A big culprit for all this instability, disconnecting & crashing etc is the fact that the server uses a redirector.. and since they constantly update to new versions of GMS putting effort into making a localhost would be nearly impossible... Just making one is already hell on earth difficult to begin with, especially after versions 150+ you'd need to very good at reverse engineering...

Anyways, I think they should slow down on updating to latest versions for awhile and instead put more time & effort into the source, that may help a good amount

Thanks
    I think this is already a goal and not something that should be too problematic after we get all the 5th jobs in, but definitely something that should be talked about. The problem right now is that it's hard to say that people prefer overall stability (as it is and for many others very stable with just some lags here and there) over 5th job classes (this is the main hype, right?). But as with GMS, after 5th job is not much of any new, difficult-to-handle content for a while. So, once they tackle 5th job, stability should come further. I believe that we should really raise this voice when there is capacity for the admins to work on further stability, should the instability continue for many players (point to take: Nova used to make alt clients when there was not much update going on).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oppasbaby View Post
    I think this is already a goal and not something that should be too problematic after we get all the 5th jobs in, but definitely something that should be talked about. The problem right now is that it's hard to say that people prefer overall stability (as it is and for many others very stable with just some lags here and there) over 5th job classes (this is the main hype, right?). But as with GMS, after 5th job is not much of any new, difficult-to-handle content for a while. So, once they tackle 5th job, stability should come further. I believe that we should really raise this voice when there is capacity for the admins to work on further stability, should the instability continue for many players (point to take: Nova used to make alt clients when there was not much update going on).
    Note that the main hype of this server(with accordance and assumption) is to be as updated as possible. Thereby the point of whatever I've imputed is to push the focus of being more updated to being more stable(server wise). I cannot argue with you on the fact that the 5th job update is hella hype because it did get me more into this game but as much as we all like new updates, I would prefer stability over anything else as of now seeing that the server is populated, no?
    Life - PALADIN
    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Note that the main hype of this server(with accordance and assumption) is to be as updated as possible. Thereby the point of whatever I've imputed is to push the focus of being more updated to being more stable(server wise). I cannot argue with you on the fact that the 5th job update is hella hype because it did get me more into this game but as much as we all like new updates, I would prefer stability over anything else as of now seeing that the server is populated, no?
    Agreed,
    but i think the even more important thing than stable is the botter issue.
    Speak of truth, the server doesnt lag much? i would say 85% of the time it is good with no lags.
    But botters man, there are countless botters everywhere especially ghost ship, and yet we do not have many GMs.
    I always do @gm when i saw a botter, but gms only showed up like 2 out of 100.
    When i tried to report online, it gives them 3 days ban then they continue to be there botting in few days.
    I understand lack of staff member is probably the key problem, but ya the botters really bothers me =/
    maybe they should implement like time-based testing, like every 30-60 mins or so..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    I would prefer stability over anything else as of now seeing that the server is populated, no?
    I agree with you but this is the main point I was trying to make. The game is stable for me. I do not lag or crash in 90% of the gameplay. Compare this to GMS and I'm happy. So my question is, do I want that 100% stability for myself or do I want to see more content progress. And to me and most of the people (since instability isn't a big issue atm), we'd prefer content.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oppasbaby View Post
    I agree with you but this is the main point I was trying to make. The game is stable for me. I do not lag or crash in 90% of the gameplay. Compare this to GMS and I'm happy. So my question is, do I want that 100% stability for myself or do I want to see more content progress. And to me and most of the people (since instability isn't a big issue atm), we'd prefer content.
    I doubt it's not a big issue considering the amount of people getting problems simply trying to connect to the game and the amount of people complaining about crashing every few minutes. The issue about the server/host has been brought up several times in the past few months already so I really doubt it's not an issue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ctrl For This Useful Post: