Register

User Tag List

Thanks

Dawn of the Bots

Recently, I noticed that the number of botters had increased drastically in this server. Had anyone felt the same too?

I myself had just encountered 4 botters yesterday and had seen the same thing nearly every day. One of them had auto-off feature, which when there's another player inside map, if will auto-off to imitate AFK. Anyone seen something like this before?

Rather than posting countless reports, I think it is time for an upgrade on the anti-cheat program or perhaps admin staffs could do a periodic roam on a few hot-spots. Anyone have a better suggestion?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moolan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Did you actually check to see if they were botting? Such as maybe asking them a question or something.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moolan View Post
    Recently, I noticed that the number of botters had increased drastically in this server. Had anyone felt the same too?

I myself had just encountered 4 botters yesterday and had seen the same thing nearly every day. One of them had auto-off feature, which when there's another player inside map, if will auto-off to imitate AFK. Anyone seen something like this before?

Rather than posting countless reports, I think it is time for an upgrade on the anti-cheat program or perhaps admin staffs could do a periodic roam on a few hot-spots. Anyone have a better suggestion?
    theres always botter at ghost ship and i dont even bothering report, whenever i saw one, i just do @gm, if gm shows up its ok, if not then i just leave or ks the shit out of the botter lol.
    i think they probaly just use key script which is hard to detect?

Thanks
    I feel the same way. I've seen countless of players with very suspicious actions and bot-like actions. The one that bothers me the most is Beast Tamers sitting in a map where they can stand in one spot and just use their one skill. I figure that would be easy to bot. I've seen so many of them and when I ask them questions they just sit there attacking.

Another problem is that I feel that there is actually a lot of botters but they aren't AFK. What I mean by that is they have a bot or whatever set up to do everything for them and then they do something on another screen. If a player walks in they can pause it and respond or whatever. Not sure how these programs work.

It's not always easy to tell if someone is botting though. It can be hard to see message if you're into a groove and not paying attention to chat.

Thanks
    personally I after making reports that turn out as "insufficient evidence" and I still can /find that botter doing the same thing at the map is a little discouraging. I do not have a recording programme so I started to get one of my guildies to record a 4~5min video and post it instead. But seemingly they turn out exactly the same.

this is a little discouraging to me personally as I start to wonder if reporting them does anything. i even right-clicked them and used report button for botter which stucked them for a long time at the spot, not being able to do anything. which pretty much confirms the botter, unless i am wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibento View Post
    personally I after making reports that turn out as "insufficient evidence" and I still can /find that botter doing the same thing at the map is a little discouraging. I do not have a recording programme so I started to get one of my guildies to record a 4~5min video and post it instead. But seemingly they turn out exactly the same.

this is a little discouraging to me personally as I start to wonder if reporting them does anything. i even right-clicked them and used report button for botter which stucked them for a long time at the spot, not being able to do anything. which pretty much confirms the botter, unless i am wrong?
    you are right, i do that too.
    if you report using the right click method, it will have a popup saying "someone reported you", if they bot, it will not disasspear unless they click it mannuly lol