Gazed's GM Application

Personal Details

Name
    Simon

Character Name
    Gazed

Do you have a Skype (yes/no)
    Yes

Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it (include your 4-digit account number)
    Yes, Simon#8793.

Time zone
    EST (UTC -5)

When did you join AriesMS?
    Sometime in late June.

What do you like most about AriesMS?
    I really enjoy the unique gameplay that Aries offers such as the fast progression, amazing staff team, and being the only server to offer V. Furthermore, the community is very friendly towards each other, which is one of the biggest attractions to me. The staff is incredibly professional which is something that I look forward to being apart of.

How well are you able to communicate with the players?
    I'm a very sociable person, I will always try to be the life of a conversation, bringing new things up constantly. I am always willing to help people on the discord channel, though sometimes I express myself much more than necessary and may receive some backlash from it.

Do you have any other commitments?
    I am going to start college in the spring semester, which starts in late January. I will only have classes Monday to Thursday during the times, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. I will be free on other days and whenever I'm not in school or commuting towards/from school.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?
    Yes, I played on GMS Reboot. I didn't play too long, 3 months probably. However, I have been on and off with GMS depending on the updates that come out.

Why should we pick you?

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?
    No, I haven't. I personally didn't want to be a staff member as I used to be primarily a high-rate v83 player. I didn't find hosting events as fun as playing in them. However, I have hosted events previously and many people have seemed to have fun playing in them! I do understand the duties of a GM, as I always acted as a pseudo-GM, one who acts like one but doesn't want to accept all the responsibilities since GMs and players have very different responsibilities. That was in the past, when I was a much younger kid, now grown up a little bit, I'm willing to accept these tasks and work on them to further improve the already great community we have.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?
    I heavily enjoy working on a team, as everyone could have their own role and job, making the payload much easier for everyone. It allows everyone to put the most effort they can into one individual topic, rather than dividing it into multiple sections.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?
    As an AriesMS staff member, I'd bring a lot to the table. Some of the qualities that I would bring onto the team would include:

- Professionalism
    - Hard working
    - Community leadership and support
    - Honesty
    - Determination
    - Ability to work in a team

To me, these are the most important qualities that I possess and I fully believe that I am capable of showing you this.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?
    One of these qualities MUST be persistence. This is due to the fact that if something is constantly brought up and is very irritating to me, I would get frustrated and possibly even give up on it. However, this is a bad example of what you should do, as you should always make sure you get whatever you need to be done, done. Persistence comes in many forms, a very important form that is necessary for a Game Master would be to constantly answer the same questions over and over without showing a negative attitude over it. However, even if I will be irritated eventually, I believe my tolerance for these types of things are relatively high compared to a lot of people I know.

Why do you want to work with us?
    I've noticed the lack of activity the past weeks and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I really think I'm a valuable asset to the team and I can help out when needed, I currently don't have any activities that require time so I can devote a lot of my time toAries. This will help the staff, the community, but also myself. I really want to get more experience and grow as a person and I will prove that I can fulfill the role of being a staff member if given the chance.
    Last edited by Plebby; 01-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Plebby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1 for Simon
    As an unbiased person, I always see Simon being present on discord and getting out of his way to help others in general chat or support chat of the Aries discord. I believe Simon is very sociable and knowledgeable through the game and the discord, and he is extremely active. I think he would be a great addition to the staff team as I often see players constantly having problems, and Simon is always there to help them out. Him being in the United States further helps out Aries as a whole because most of the players are from NA time. I've even seen him up until 3-4 in the morning on the discord chatting and socializing with people. All in all, I believe he would be a great asset to the staff team.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alexpika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1
    Simon was very helpful when I started the server a few months ago. Simon and a few others being friendly really made my experience with Aries much more enjoyable. As someone who's frequently on discord, I have seen Simon helping countless people with all kinds of problem, not only in general chat but also the support section. Not only that, he is also very approachable and willing to answer questions. I believe Simon would be a great GM.

Thanks
    +1 vouch

Very active. Seen him help a lot around on Discord whenever I'm on (which is at random times for the past few months). Very knowledgeable about the game. Very friendly. Likes to joke around, in a good way, and easy to approach (in my pov). Will be a good addition to the staff.

Good luck on your application. :--)

Thanks
    +1

Very cool guy who helped me when I first met him. Always see him in discord helping other people out and you guys can use another gm to answer all those appeals and report on players.

Thanks
    Denied.

Player has no respect for the server, has been bashing the server with some other players. Since you think that the server is dying out, why even bother applying?