Bowmaster Buff Pls Epsilon Katherine's Avatar
    Thanks

Fairy's GM Application

Name: Kat
    Character Name: Fairy
    Do you have a Skype: Yes.
    Are you on Discord? Yes. Kat#5963
    Time Zone: PST (UTC-8)
    When did you join AriesMS?: July 2016. I’ve been playing for roughly 6 months.

What do you like most about AriesMS?:
    The most notable feature for AriesMS for me has always been Hekaton ever since I first started attending it. The concept of having friendly competition between players has not only kept me, but many other Hekaton-go’ers motivated to continue playing. A lot of people constantly ask for more “end-game content”, in which I agree AriesMS is in need of, but Hekaton was definitely a good start towards that. Although Hekaton is still not optimal at the moment due to multiple class bugs that greatly affect the rankings, I can definitely say it’s one of Nova’s best implemented features. This aspect of MapleStory is one that a previous private server that I played on did not have, which was competition between players. I’ve met and gotten to know lots of people with similar goals, most of whom I’d never encounter if it was not for Hekaton.

How well are you able to communicate with the players:
    I will be talking about this topic more-so down below, but I’m not the most talkative person unless I get to know the person I’m talking to. However, with that being said, I’m often helping random people in Discord and in-game with their inquiries. I usually consider my way of communication more professional than others, which sometimes can make me feel like a robot, but it also makes it extremely easy for others to understand what I’m saying because it’s clear and to the point.

Do you have any other commitments?:
    Currently, I’m in my first year of university. My classes are usually in the mornings from Monday to Friday, but I’m pretty much active from 3-11PM PST everyday.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?:
    In the past, I’ve played GMS, but did not like how it became pay-2-win after the Big Bang Update. Since then, I’ve moved towards towards other games, such as League of Legends, and other MapleStory private servers.
    Which one?: Global MapleStory and ExtaliaMS
    How long?:
    Global MapleStory: 2009-2011
    ExtaliaMS: March 2013 and April 2015 - Shutdown

Have you ever been assigned a Staff Position on any private server game(s)?:
    Unfortunately, I’ve never been assigned a Staff Position in any of the games that I’ve played before, which means it’ll be my first time as a Game Master if I do get accepted. This will mean I will be inexperienced and may need guidance with certain features or functions that GMs have, or certain things that staff members have to do. However, I’m somebody who is always keen on experiencing new things and I’m pretty quick at learning and understanding how new things work.
    List the game(s): N/A
    How long have you worked there?: N/A
    What do your duties consist of? N/A
    Do you still work there? If no, why not? N/A

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?
    As mentioned earlier, anybody who has met me on Discord or in-game knows I’m a “solo”-type person. For almost 3 out of the 6 months that I’ve played Aries, I’ve been either guildless or in a “solo-guild”. I don’t really reveal much about myself, but if I get to know somebody, such as through working with them, I begin to be a more open-minded person to that individual. So to answer the question, at first, I am more comfortable working alone, solemnly asking for help or advice when needed, but once I begin to figure things out and get to know the Staff Team, I’m fine with working together as a group as well as continue to work alone if needed.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS Staff Team?
    Over the years, I’ve realized I’m a competitive person, who has driven me to learn how to optimize not only my time, but the amount of effort I put into everything. I’m often spending time researching new things, and incorporating them into what I want to do. By being like this, I’m always up-to-date with information. Having this important skill has not only made me a successful player in AriesMS, but has also helped me accomplished a lot of things in real life. As such, I can bring my mentality of striving for the best outcome and having information readily usable in every situation to the AriesMS Staff Team.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?
    A few traits that I believe a Game Master should have includes activeness, knowledge and experience of the game and community, and the ability to dissect information given by players; an appeal, report or bug, and using that information to find a PROPER resolution.
    • Activeness: As stated earlier, I’m usually available from 3-11 PM PST everyday. Although that time isn’t entirely spent on playing AriesMS, I’m almost always on Discord. This allows me to be contacted at a CONSISTENT time everyday, so players know when they have the opportunity to contact me if an issue arises. Having a lot of time on my hands also allows me to be flexible with my schedule, making it so I’m able to work on projects given to me for long periods of time without being interrupted.
    • Knowledge and Experience: Although I have not played AriesMS since the start of the beta, I’m confident in my knowledge to know the “ins” and “outs” of the game. Not only am I talking about all the features of AriesMS, but I’ve also been here long enough to experience what the community is like, and what the community expects from a Game Master. With my knowledge of the game and the time I’ve already spent playing AriesMS, I’ll be able to help out on most problems revolving around in-game questions and even some technical issues that I’ve most likely already encountered myself.
    • Ability to Dissect Information: As mentioned above, I’m somebody who allocates a lot of time into learning new things. This trait has also led me to learn how to properly present the information to others in a professional and understandable fashion. A few examples that I’ve already encountered during my time in AriesMS include an appeal post that I made for “Aily” in which I got a lot of support for due to how I came to my resolution and the way I provided the proof. I’ve also made several personal guides about certain features in AriesMS that I’ve shared to a few players. The links below show said examples of how I approach an issue, and my ability to display information in an easy to understand manner.

My Appeal Post for Aily: http://elluel.net/showthread.php?133...6248#post56248
    A personal guide I made comparing AbsoLab vs Fafnir Weapons: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Why do you want to work with us?
    I want to work with the Staff Team for 2 main reasons. The first is my childhood passion for the game and turning it into something I can learn and experience from. I’ve spent a lot of time playing MapleStory as a player, from Global MapleStory to private servers, but I never took on the role of a leader and helped others until I came to AriesMS. My goal is to experience how to professionally work by myself and as a team, and hopefully be able to use this quality in real life in the future.

The second reason is that as I mentioned earlier, being a player can sometimes be frustrating when a Game Master may not be around to help. As somebody who has experienced that feeling before, I hope that having another Game Master around will help other players with their issues and make their experience in AriesMS better.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Katherine; 01-09-2017 at 02:31 PM.

2. The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Katherine For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    +1, She is mature/understanding and very knowledgeable about this server's content. If there should be a GM that can represent end-game players, it should be her. Gets along with others very well too.
    Last edited by Mask; 01-09-2017 at 04:00 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mask For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1 Kat, for as long as I've known, is extremely personable and in my opinion a wonderful person to be a GM. She's very active in the game and is someone who has achieved many feats. Due to her knowledge, I've seen many people approach her for help and she has consistently answered questions and guided people. Not to just point fingers, but aside from a handful of forum posts, I'm not sure where the GMs are. It doesn't seem like they're active enough to help out in support or in-game. Perhaps it's timezone issues that make it so I can't see them help players, but I can't recall a single case when someone had an issue resolved with @gm. That being the case, with Kat in the US, I think this will assist many players that are not in SG/MY.

Mage | Bishop
    Cuddle | NL
    #TeamPuddy

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Betty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1, I've not known Kat for very long, but the impression given to me is one that is personable and easy to talk to. She is professional enough in the way she carry herself around other players and i believe that she will be a good addition to the team. Furthermore, i have seen her helping out in Discord many a time even if it is just for the simplest things.

To add on, i believe having great knowledge of how the game works and a view from an end game player will greatly assist the team in making many decisions in the future.

Good luck
    Last edited by Rygon; 01-10-2017 at 08:05 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rygon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1
    What more can be said than the fact that we need someone who is active and understands the server from a high end-game perspective in the GM team. Often, it's hard to express to the staff about frustrations about some bugs (recently from Emblem Boss% Abuse to Gazer abuse to Cubing problems with certain items) because it's either hard for them to understand why they matter as much or simply because their interest isn't on this type of problem solving (which I can understand). But knowing Kat and the kind of person and experience she has with the server at an end-game level, it'd be a great addition to staff and someone who I feel can especially be vocal about quick fixes to certain abuseable and heavily impactful problems that are often too slowly responded by the staff currently.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oppasbaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1 for Kat
    I don't normally post on the forum, but I believe Kat is an exceptional person fit for GM. I think Kat is very sweet, nice, and mature. I have rarely seen her get angry one bit, and she always handles problems professionally. She is extremely active on Aries Discord and the game, and she is more than willing to help out anybody efficiently and effectively. She is also very knowledgeable, and I definitely view her as a great problem solver. I honestly think NA needs another GM to cover issues since I always feel like most of the players of Aries are from NA, but correct me if I'm wrong. I believe she'll make a great GM, and I think she'll prove very useful for the staff.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alexpika For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fairy's GM Application

+1
    -Active
    -Professional
    -Mature
    -Friendly/Nice
    -Knows alot about the game itself
    -Works hard

- I don't know kat for too long and we barely talk, But she I see her everyday on discord AND on Maple helping everyone out, if Hekaton,Bossing, Giving people tips on how to boss/train , Helping people with techinical stuff and alot more.
    - Well tbh I don't think Kat sleeps at all cause shes ALWAYS online when I'm online so she's really active.
    - I've never seen her spring out of control, She is always calm every problem she encounters she resolves them professionaly.
    - From the some of the times we have talk, She is a really calm and a very nice person to talk too.
    - Like she stated on her app, she knows alot about the game in general, you can see it when she helps people and how she plays herself
    - She is a really hard worker, I've seen her farm and level so hard to get where she is right now, I remember he before she wasn't even top 10 bowmaster, and now shes #1 BM of aries,

So for me! Kat would make a really good Game-Master for AriesMS
    Goodluck Kat!!! I'm rooting for you ;-;
    Last edited by Ziiin; 01-10-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Wait what, is that art? OHHH BOIII

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ziiin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1
    Kat is an experienced player making her very knowledgeable. Furthermore, she actually plays the game which I personally feel is an important aspect as she'll be able to see things from a player's perspective. She is extremely active and helpful which can be seen in discord or in-game, where she goes out of her way to help others. Kat also presents herself in professional and mature way which are qualities a GM should have in order to make sound decisions. I believe that she will be a great addition to the staff team considering the activeness of the current staff team, or lack thereof. Good luck!
    I believe observation and knowledge must precede action.
    Crisis - Bishop

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taeyeon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +5 the most helpful player on discord , most active in AriesMS ingame , professional player and 1st top archer i would apreciate of your best hardwork \ouo/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HelicaChan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    +1, Kat is very active and very knowledgeable of the game. She helps out a lot of players with the game and overall, a very sweet and hardworking person to get to know in-game and on discord. She would make a great spot for the staff team.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hayley For This Useful Post: