Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboygoon View Post
    One for the future, inflation = prices rising.

I dont think botting is causing deflation of the cost of items, i just think its the poor econony due to trade only centered around a few items. Now what we have here is a huge influx of new players flooding the market with these goods, thus supply is increasing rapidly but demand is not increasing as fast as supply. This is causing the prices of many items to simply fall due to competiton in the markets for players to sell their goods.

This isnt a botting problem and this needs to be fixed with more items for players to trade, more cubes etc. If this doesnt happen soon the economy will simply collapse. This is a warning to the GM's. It will become a major problem soon enough, its up to them if they wish to do anything about it.
    I think the problem with deflation is not because trade is centered around a few items. The real reason prices for almost everything are dropping is because not enough mesos are being generated, i.e. players are not generating mesos from the game (e.g. from monsters) fast enough to cover the mesos disappearing via mesos sinks (e.g. transaction tax).

There are only a few viable farming maps from which players can generate mesos from, e.g. Ghost Ship and Skyline maps. Even so, the mesos generated are capped at around ~500mil per hour. With thousands of players and less than 50 maps to generate mesos from, mesos simply cannot be generated faster than it disappears into mesos sinks.

I predicted a deflation back in November soon after Kanna was "neutered" (Kishin was a ~2.2x multiplier on mesos and NX income), and it has held true for the most part. If no new farming maps are added, or if no new method of generating mesos from the game is added, prices will continue to drop as new players simply do not have enough mesos to buy items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Windforce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Windforce View Post
    I think the problem with deflation is not because trade is centered around a few items. The real reason prices for almost everything are dropping is because not enough mesos are being generated, i.e. players are not generating mesos from the game (e.g. from monsters) fast enough to cover the mesos disappearing via mesos sinks (e.g. transaction tax).

There are only a few viable farming maps from which players can generate mesos from, e.g. Ghost Ship and Skyline maps. Even so, the mesos generated are capped at around ~500mil per hour. With thousands of players and less than 50 maps to generate mesos from, mesos simply cannot be generated faster than it disappears into mesos sinks.

I predicted a deflation back in November soon after Kanna was "neutered" (Kishin was a ~2.2x multiplier on mesos and NX income), and it has held true for the most part. If no new farming maps are added, or if no new method of generating mesos from the game is added, prices will continue to drop as new players simply do not have enough mesos to buy items.
    Good thinking. New farming maps, but i do still stand by that trade being centered around only a few items. Id suggest changing the server to 7x meso, this is an easy and general fix and increases peoples purchasing power.

Thanks
    Isn't it a good thing that you are able to purchase more cubes (violet and bpot) with the same amount of mesos earned per hour than before? No, because this means a deflating price level due to over-competitiveness and abundance. Increasing mesos rate is sure an easy fix, it's like printing money because the government needs to, and that only leads to hyperinflation. It works wonder in the short run but the long run? Not so much. If players expect it, that's even worse.

Same argument goes with new farming maps. Except players' earning abilities remains unchanged for most cases, those going from less effective farming maps to ones that can earn more are better off but only for a short while and once again we are at the state where there is an abundance of nx and time coins floating around.