Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    Juvenile xaqutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Game crash after choosing server. Has anyone had this problem and was able to fix it?

    I've tried everything in the troubleshooting thread.

    If I use the Aries.exe from the download page, nothing happens when I execute it in my maplestory folder.

    If I use the AriesAlt.exe from the troubleshooting thread, game crashes after I select either NA or EU server.

    I'm using windows 8.

    Has anyone had the same problem as me and was able to find a solution?


    Thanks for your help in advance.

  2. #2
    Un-official Tech Support Epsilon Darksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaqutor View Post
    I've tried everything in the troubleshooting thread.

    If I use the Aries.exe from the download page, nothing happens when I execute it in my maplestory folder.

    If I use the AriesAlt.exe from the troubleshooting thread, game crashes after I select either NA or EU server.

    I'm using windows 8.

    Has anyone had the same problem as me and was able to find a solution?


    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Hi xaqutor,

    I did this to solve this same problem I had;


    Right click Aries.exe and create a shortcut, right click that shortcut and select Properties.
    Go to Shortcut.
    Look in target to see the lines C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe
    Change lines according to this C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe GameLaunching
    Apply settings and run shortcut as Administrator
    Play the game. If problem arises again, proceed to the next method.


    Kind regards,

    Darksta

    P.s. make sure you restart your pc before launching to clear and processes that might mess with it!

  3. #3
    Juvenile xaqutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksta View Post
    Hi xaqutor,

    I did this to solve this same problem I had;


    Right click Aries.exe and create a shortcut, right click that shortcut and select Properties.
    Go to Shortcut.
    Look in target to see the lines C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe
    Change lines according to this C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe GameLaunching
    Apply settings and run shortcut as Administrator
    Play the game. If problem arises again, proceed to the next method.


    Kind regards,

    Darksta

    P.s. make sure you restart your pc before launching to clear and processes that might mess with it!
    Unfortunately I have already tried that many times and I still have the same problem.

  4. #4
    o 3o Epsilon Eatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
    What version of maplestory do you have?

  5. #5
    Juvenile xaqutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatos View Post
    What version of maplestory do you have?
    I have tried with both 179.2 (downloaded with nexon launcher) and 179.1 (all in one from MEGA)

  6. #6
    Un-official Tech Support Epsilon Darksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaqutor View Post
    I have tried with both 179.2 (downloaded with nexon launcher) and 179.1 (all in one from MEGA)
    Hi xaqutor,

    Try disabling your firewall and attempt to connect, you might have an issue with the incoming connection when you select region. Also can you confirm your client did a mini patch from .1 to .2?

    Regards.

    Darksta
    Last edited by Darksta; 01-10-2017 at 07:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Juvenile xaqutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksta View Post
    Hi xaqutor,

    Try disabling your firewall and attempt to connect, you might have an issue with the incoming connection when you select region. Also can you confirm your client did a mini patch from .1 to .2?

    Regards.

    Darlsta
    Yes I have tried disabling firewall, antivirus, and adding exceptions.

    No matter what I tried, nothing happens when I run Aries.exe

    And when I used AriesAlt.exe on 179.1 there was a mini patch to 179.2, but after the patch, the game still crashes when I select the server.

  8. #8
    Un-official Tech Support Epsilon Darksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaqutor View Post
    Yes I have tried disabling firewall, antivirus, and adding exceptions.

    No matter what I tried, nothing happens when I run Aries.exe

    And when I used AriesAlt.exe on 179.1 there was a mini patch to 179.2, but after the patch, the game still crashes when I select the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaqutor View Post
    Yes I have tried disabling firewall, antivirus, and adding exceptions.

    No matter what I tried, nothing happens when I run Aries.exe

    And when I used AriesAlt.exe on 179.1 there was a mini patch to 179.2, but after the patch, the game still crashes when I select the server.
    Hi xaqutor,

    Try doing the shortcut-fix for the alt client and see if that works.


    Regards,

    Darksta

  9. #9
    Juvenile xaqutor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksta View Post
    Hi xaqutor,

    Try doing the shortcut-fix for the alt client and see if that works.


    Regards,

    Darksta
    I've tried that as well and game still crashes after choosing server

  10. #10
    Un-official Tech Support Epsilon Darksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xaqutor View Post
    I've tried that as well and game still crashes after choosing server
    Hi xaqutor,

    I have looked around and found some NEW fixes for this error. Let's give these a shot.

    First of all, what operating system are you running? I recommend doing what is called a FULL shutdown before we continue, to make sure all your memory cache is cleared, preventing any re-occuring bugs.

    To do this for Windows 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-...id-boot?nxid=6

    Also, in the maplestory folder CUT the video file called 'OPENING' out from the folder, and put it some where safe (You will need to put it back to patch later!!!). A lot of people are reporting that not skipping the video quick enough causes them to crash on region select, but this just removes the video all together from the launcher making it easier!

    Regards,

    Darksta
    Last edited by Darksta; 01-11-2017 at 08:44 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •