Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Error 38 / Blackscreens constantly

Almost every time i try to log in the server after i put my pic the game gives me Error 38 and whenever i can log in when i change channel / leave cs the game turn into a eternal blackscreen then i have to close the game process and try over and over again to log in, usually this process take me longer to log in than the time i play LOL , so i beg you, help me please !

Un-official Tech Support Zeta Darksta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi Ainsworth,

The fixes listed in the FAQ for this problem are as follows:

Turn off background visibility.

- Select Quick Move, then Universal NPC.
    - Select the option to Toggle background visibility.

Toggle the Compatibility modes.

-Right click Aries.exe
    -Click on compatibility.
    -Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
    -Trial and error each setting that displays.

You may also want to try a fresh install, and also restarting your computer before launching the game initially.

Regards,

Darksta

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksta View Post
    Hi Ainsworth,

The fixes listed in the FAQ for this problem are as follows:

Turn off background visibility.

- Select Quick Move, then Universal NPC.
    - Select the option to Toggle background visibility.

Toggle the Compatibility modes.

-Right click Aries.exe
    -Click on compatibility.
    -Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
    -Trial and error each setting that displays.

You may also want to try a fresh install, and also restarting your computer before launching the game initially.

Regards,

Darksta
    I already did all these thing but nothing works, sometimes my game log in but i don't get excited to play since i know that whenever i change channel to sell something or when i enter the cash shop i will disconnect and it will take forever to me to play again .

When i restart my computer i can log in easily but i still can't change channel or leave the cash shop, it always give me dc . Btw, it started happening after the version 179.2 , i could play fine on 179

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainsworth View Post
    I already did all these thing but nothing works, sometimes my game log in but i don't get excited to play since i know that whenever i change channel to sell something or when i enter the cash shop i will disconnect and it will take forever to me to play again .

When i restart my computer i can log in easily but i still can't change channel or leave the cash shop, it always give me dc . Btw, it started happening after the version 179.2 , i could play fine on 179
    Hi Ainsworth,

Have you had any better luck after the restart? Also make sure you have maplestory.exe and the AriesMS client in your firewall exceptions. Can you run a speed test for me and share the results too please? www.speed.test.net

Kind regards,

Darksta

Thanks
    Hi Ainsworth,

Have you had any better luck after the restart? Also make sure you have maplestory.exe and the AriesMS client in your firewall exceptions. Can you run a speed test for me and share the results too please? www.speed.test.net

Kind regards,

Darksta

Did it on my cellphone , btw , didn't get any luck after the restart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Did it on my cellphone , btw , didn't get any luck after the restart

Hi Ainsworth,

Can you please run the test on your computer as factors like the hardware or maybe some programs running can affect the outcome of this test. Can you also confirm for me that there is an exception in your firewall for the programs?

Regards,

Darksta

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Ainsworth,

I have done some additional searching and found that people are solving the issue by doing a few new things.

First of all, what operating system are you running? I recommend doing what is called a FULL shutdown before we continue, to make sure all your memory cache is cleared, preventing any re-occuring bugs.

To do this for Windows 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-...id-boot?nxid=6

Also, in the maplestory folder CUT the video file called 'OPENING' out from the folder, and put it some where safe (You will need to put it back to patch later!!!). A lot of people are reporting that not skipping the video quick enough causes them to crash on region select, but this just removes the video all together from the launcher making it easier!

Regards,

Darksta
    IGN: Danksta - Hayato - 202 || Discord: Darksta#7731 || www.facebook.com/DarkstaAU

Thanks
    Hi Ainsworth,

I have done some additional searching and found that people are solving the issue by doing a few new things.

First of all, what operating system are you running? I recommend doing what is called a FULL shutdown before we continue, to make sure all your memory cache is cleared, preventing any re-occuring bugs.

To do this for Windows 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-...id-boot?nxid=6

Also, in the maplestory folder CUT the video file called 'OPENING' out from the folder, and put it some where safe (You will need to put it back to patch later!!!). A lot of people are reporting that not skipping the video quick enough causes them to crash on region select, but this just removes the video all together from the launcher making it easier!

Regards,

Darksta
    Hey Darksta , i tried few things yesterday and i found a "solution" , when i delete the Aries client and i simply download it again to replace i can log in normally for 1 time , but every time i log in i have to do that , i don't know how it works , but that allows me to play

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ainsworth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Darksta , i tried few things yesterday and i found a "solution" , when i delete the Aries client and i simply download it again to replace i can log in normally for 1 time , but every time i log in i have to do that , i don't know how it works , but that allows me to play

Hi Ainsworth,

I'm glad you've found a temporary fix! Perhaps your antivirus is messing with your client. Make sure you add an exception for it and your maplestory folder. If you don't have Antivirus, and instead have windows defender, you will have to do the same, and maybe even turn off active scanning protection.

Kind regards,

Darksta
    IGN: Danksta - Hayato - 202 || Discord: Darksta#7731 || www.facebook.com/DarkstaAU