Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Un-official Tech Support Zeta Darksta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrin View Post
    HIHI. i have this issue where my aries will crash upon startup with an error message "Maplestory has stopped working ...." my GMS maple and MapleSea works just fine only aries has issue, anyone know how to fix? Tried compatibility fix, tried reinstalling several times . only issue with aries but not the normal maplesea and gms. Thanks for your help in advanced.Attachment 5033
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Unfortunately running into the same issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoxy View Post
    Same here .... fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Same problem, running on windows 10 Home 64 bit. Mostly happens while logging on but sometimes also happens when i'm already in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingThomasVII View Post
    Still no solution to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksta View Post
    same problem zzzzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by shadsccp View Post
    I have this problem on one char only, I got into excavation area in perion two maps foward or so and everytime i try to login in that specific char I got this message "maple has stopped work"
    Quote Originally Posted by demon2angel View Post
    I have been playing AriesMS for about a month without any issues up until a few days ago where whenever I start AriesMS, it just crashes and says "AriesMS has stopped working". The Nexon game guard splash doesn't even appear for me. It just crashes right away.Attachment 5297

I have also tried the steps as said in the Troubleshooting guide and also re-downloaded and re-installed Maplestory, but to no avail. The game works on my brother's lap top just fine. I even tried copying and pasting his files into my own computer but it still doesn't work and just crashes instantly.

Please do help all of us. Thank you for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by skun View Post
    Same problem zzzzzzz please help !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomx View Post
    same here

Hey guys,

I had the same problem earlier, and had tried doing the things a few of you have stated. However i found the fix for me to be for this problem:

1. Right click Aries.exe and create a shortcut, right click that shortcut and select Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut.
    2a. Look in target to see the lines C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe
    3. Change lines according to this C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe GameLaunching
    4. Apply settings and run shortcut as Administrator.

Source: http://elluel.net/showthread.php?161...shooting-Guide

Regards,

Darksta

Thanks
    I still have same problem after creating Shortcut

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skun View Post
    I still have same problem after creating Shortcut
    Hi Skun,

Have you followed the same steps as the others such as re-installing, and using a fresh setup? I also recommend making sure your graphics cards are up to date, and restarting your PC before you open the client. Check also for any dodgy processes that may be messing with your game.

Also make sure you have the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
    installed.

Regards,

Darksta

Thanks
    Hey guys,

I had the same problem earlier, and had tried doing the things a few of you have stated. However i found the fix for me to be for this problem:

1. Right click Aries.exe and create a shortcut, right click that shortcut and select Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut.
    2a. Look in target to see the lines C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe
    3. Change lines according to this C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Aries.exe GameLaunching
    4. Apply settings and run shortcut as Administrator.

Source: http://elluel.net/showthread.php?161...shooting-Guide

Regards,

Darksta

Yes, I have tried every method that was in the Troubleshooting guide ><

Thanks
    Hey Guys,

I have done some additional searching and found that people are solving the issue by doing a few new things.

First of all, what operating system are you running? I recommend doing what is called a FULL shutdown before we continue, to make sure all your memory cache is cleared, preventing any re-occuring bugs.

To do this for Windows 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-...id-boot?nxid=6

Also, in the maplestory folder CUT the video file called 'OPENING' out from the folder, and put it some where safe (You will need to put it back to patch later!!!). A lot of people are reporting that not skipping the video quick enough causes them to crash on region select, but this just removes the video all together from the launcher making it easier!

Regards,

Darksta
    Last edited by Darksta; 01-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, I have tried every method that was in the Troubleshooting guide ><
    Hey Darksta, thanks for constantly replying with more input. However, I have also searched through the forum and have used that method, to no avail.
    It's really weird to have this issue because I have always been able to play, I suddenly wasn't able to overnight whilst my brother's lap top was still running Aries fine

Thanks
    Hey Darksta, thanks for constantly replying with more input. However, I have also searched through the forum and have used that method, to no avail.
    It's really weird to have this issue because I have always been able to play, I suddenly wasn't able to overnight whilst my brother's lap top was still running Aries fine
    Hi demon2angel,

Not a problem at all, im here to help = ) There is a new client to download, so try grabbing that from the main page. Some other players have also been reporting success with replacing the client each time with a new extraction to play. I know it sounds tedious, but I'm trying to work through every option here.

You've also made exceptions in your Firewall and antivirus aswell as disabling active protection from your antivirus?

Kind regards,

Darksta
    IGN: Danksta - Hayato - 202 || Discord: Darksta#7731 || www.facebook.com/DarkstaAU

Thanks
    Hi demon2angel,

Not a problem at all, im here to help = ) There is a new client to download, so try grabbing that from the main page. Some other players have also been reporting success with replacing the client each time with a new extraction to play. I know it sounds tedious, but I'm trying to work through every option here.

You've also made exceptions in your Firewall and antivirus aswell as disabling active protection from your antivirus?

Kind regards,

Darksta
    Nope, still doesn't work. I'll try to re-download and install a clean version of maple from the main website, then replace the MapleStory.exe with v179.2
    Will let you know how it goes, but I'm highly doubtful as I have re-installed a clean version before