Register

User Tag List

Thanks

Bowmaster vs wind archer

Hi guys, I decided to change from str to dex after much consideration, but now I am in dilemma as I do not know what kind of archer I want to main.
    Can any dex veterans advise me on which job is better in bossing hekaton etc? Bowmaster or wind archer? Assuming both has the same equipment.

I read the forums and many ppl said that bowmaster is better in bossing, but I have also heard that bowmaster has been nerfed (is that true?) so wind archer might be better.

Please help a dex newbie decide on who is better in bossing, bm or wa. Mobbing is not an issue.

Thank you so much for your help

Thanks
    Back when there was a damage cap, BM was hands down way better since they had way more HPM than WA due to their hyper skill double line Hurricane. Now, WA's viability shot up since the V patch, however Song of Heaven's damage % is still bugged on this server meaning for the time being, BM still has a slight edge in terms of pure damage output. Once the skilll gets fixed and with perfect nodes, I do believe WA's DPM is substantially better. However, WA still suffers from some issues such as not having a lot of natural IED and critical rate compared to some other archers as well as not being able to move while casting our Hurricane skill. There also exists the issue of WA's having eight (8) buffs to cast (six of which are about 3 minutes long and need to be recast often), not even including the decent skills. All in all, they're both great classes and I highly suggest you play both and decide for yourself which playstyle you prefer more.

Edit: I should also mention WA has a really neat puppet skill with our Emerald Flower. It helps immensely on bosses such as Cygnus, Pierre, Crimson Queen and Gollux.
    Last edited by Imperatrix; 12-23-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Bowmaster Buff Pls Epsilon Katherine's Avatar
    Thanks
    If V skills/nodes are working and Wind Archer bugs get fixed (Song of Heaven), Wind Archer would be stronger in terms of damage dealt.

However, as Imperatrix pointed out, Wind Archers biggest "annoyance" is the fact that they cannot move while using Song of Heaven (their Hurricane skill), meaning you'll have to do the "tap-hurricane" trick a lot while bossing, especially in Lotus/Hard Lotus Stage 1. However, Wind Archers do make up for this with their Emerald Flower skill, which essentially draws "aggro" from bosses, meaning bosses won't target you as much.

Another thing to touch on is that not only do Wind Archers have 8 buffs, they have "out-dated" buff timers, as in their buffs only last 180 or 200 seconds before Buff Duration. Meanwhile Bowmasters only have 5 buffs, and they all last 300 seconds other than Maple Warrior which is A LOT longer. This means that Bowmasters only need to put SE/MW on a key as Pet Auto-Buff can deal with the rest. In general, you'll be using your buffs a lot more as Wind Archers as they last shorter, and have WAY more buffs. However, the biggest thing to point out is Wind Archers usually buff 2-3 times inside Hekaton as you are NOT allowed pets inside, compared to Bowmasters only having to buff once.

TL;DR - Bowmaster have many more QoL (Quality of Life) things, but Wind Archers do have more damage if all bugs are fixed.

Thanks
    Thank you both for your kind advices. I will try out both of them to see which playstyle i prefer. Thank you so much!!

Thanks
    Sorry, what exactly is the wind archer damage bug?

Can someone send me a link to it or explain it to me?
    B a l m a i n

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by serrebi456 View Post
    Sorry, what exactly is the wind archer damage bug?

Can someone send me a link to it or explain it to me?
    http://elluel.net/showthread.php?170...s-i-have-found

Basically it does a lot less dmg vs 1 target.