Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Alternative way to farm for high range players.

Background:
    I have played this server for couple months, and as I progress, and getting stronger, I realize there's not another way to farm when I am at a high range.
    I started farming at Monster Park when I was at the 100k range, I continue playing for three months, spend time, money and effort, now became somewhere mid, end-game range, but as daily farming, the options are still just two:1. Farm at the regular map (skyline, Ghost ship elite) 2. Monster Park.

Problem:
    Of course, the benefit of high range is that you could kill stronger bosses, and Monster Park Extreme ( where it was an accepted suggestion to reward end-game players).
    The problem is,
    1.you only boss once a day or twice a day, for most of the mapler, who play many hours a day, rest of the hours, you have to go back to MP or farm.
    2. Monster Park Extreme is not a reward; it is worse than the regular monster park.
    (25 million entrance fee + fewer mesos per bag drop than regular MP + average staying time is about 4-5 mins)
    I understand some classes, are not as efficient as others in the regular monster park, but even a worse class(with less than 200k range) ( 1:30 min per run MP) is still making more money than they can do with MPE(which requires 1m+ range to kill).
    so not even talk about most of the class where you have vertical movement skill, can finish a monster park run in 1 min or less.

Suggestion:
    1. reduce MPE entrance fee to 10 million (I wonder why is the entrance fee change, even with 10 million, normal MP is still better than MPE).
    2. make elite channel MPE mobs harder to kill but drop more coins.
    3. or an Alternative way to farm for high range players or boss classes.

Pros:
    1.Now people have higher intention to get better gear, higher range.
    2.A new way to farm, players is less board when they tired of MP / farming.
    3.Less vertical movement requires, is more fair to the class that has limited mobility.

Cons:
    1.Unfair to players who are doing regular MP because then the coin rate will drop if more MPC production.
    [This would be unfair to low range players because this suggestion only benefits the high-end players, but everyone will be a high range some day, maybe you are happy doing MP all day now, but imagine no matter how good you get, you still can only MP then, what's the point of getting fund? ]
    2.Hurting the economy.
    [IF MPE is buff, it will only hurt the MPC price, but overall, it shouldn't harm the economy because I am not suggesting MPE become much better, but only been reasonable and maybe toward better place for some players]

Conclusion:
    I know Aries is a GMSlike server, and GMS never really pushing people to get a high range to reward them, neither do they making bossing class farm option. I do want to say that, Aries are different than GMS, because in GMS doesn't believe in effort and time but Aries does, so to make this fun don't go away, please consider it a bit, thank you.

Thanks
    Question. Why are you farming in MPE as a mid/high-tier player?

There are maps like elite Skyline/FES that give a decent amount of income.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

with 2.9m as a NW, I can barely farm anything else other than normal skyline or elite gs. (Let's put MP etc aside). Not only that, our mobbing skill only hits a straight line.

Yes, I know you can't balance things over 1 class but there should be more options, more maps that we can go to. This can also help to curb KS-ing and the lack of maps. Today, I saw some guy CC-ing for over 2 hours in my map.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakushakuu View Post
    with 2.9m as a NW, I can barely farm anything else other than normal skyline or elite gs. (Let's put MP etc aside). Not only that, our mobbing skill only hits a straight line.

Yes, I know you can't balance things over 1 class but there should be more options, more maps that we can go to. This can also help to curb KS-ing and the lack of maps. Today, I saw some guy CC-ing for over 2 hours in my map.
    As a NW with 20m range I can tell ya buffed map is not a thing for this class. We just cant farm efficiently as other class, this is the downside that make NW less popular than it seem. You just cant farm with NW and expect to have fair income with "farmer" classes out there. NW dont have mobbing skills with good damage, have high delay and ridiculously inefficient skill to clear the map. This is totally not a solution when we dont have super endgame content to serve as meso/nx sink. Creating more OP source of income now will just crash the economy. It's a sad truth that our economy is just bad-designed and all the problems can only be solved from new content and meso sink.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

Refer to this thread in April. " http://elluel.net/showthread.php?362...-scrolls/page2 " , very last message " Accepted. Will implement better aspect for stronger players. - Elyx" .

Hence I think MPE was a purpose for strong players, eventhough skyline and Fes elite yes it is an option, but channels are limited, so are the options.

I think from the previous accepted forum, MPE is agreed to be a framing option for mid late game players, but now since the profit is worse than regular MP, that is against the will of implement of MPE back in March.

Thanks
    I know the major concern of people is worrying about MPE buff will destory the monster park coins economy.
    But base on the reason above, I am only asking make MPE entrance fee back to normal (as for now).
    Think of when MPE was 10m entrance fee, still less people doing MPE, but at least it is a little bit better.
    Not that make MPE better than MPC, (MPC is still better option), but that change can make MPE viable, I suggest we try this for a month, and let the statics of total result ( economy-wise, participation-wise, players fee back-wise) to decide whether should we keep buff MPE or adjust it back to 25m entrance fee.

-regard.

Thanks
    I think increasing the spawn rates of certain maps will increase the number of farming spots available.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakushakuu View Post
    I think increasing the spawn rates of certain maps will increase the number of farming spots available.
    i bet all of them are full 24/7 ahah

Thanks
    No kanna's anymore and the maps fill up too much with no other options, MPE is the only way to go now because of the end game player requested nerf to kanna.

Thanks
    Why not create a "dungeon system" where upon entering a portal/map, it will transport you over to a new dimension where only you and your party are allowed to enter. Put a daily limit (of 1~3 hrs) on it and make it re-enterable if dc.