Register

User Tag List

Thanks

MonadoBoy's Intern Application

Name: Aaron

Character Name: MonadoBoy

Do you have a Skype (yes/no): Yes, I do.

Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it (include your 4-digit account number): Yes, I am on the Discord quite frequently. My handle is Smug Anime#1971.

Time zone: I live in the Pacific time zone.

When did you join AriesMS?: I joined AriesMS a few months ago, in mid June. I joined the Discord the same day I joined the server, and made my forum account a few days after I joined.

What do you like most about AriesMS?: My favorite thing about Aries is the community and the staff. The community of Aries is far better than any other MapleStory community I have been a part of, and most people are polite and helpful. The staff here is likeable and talented, and are always willing to lend a helpful hand when they are available to.

How well are you able to communicate with the players: I feel that I am adept at communicating with the other players in the server. I am very active on the discord and have no problem communicating with others who may not speak English well.

Do you have any other commitments?: I have college classes, but other than that I do not have other commitments at the moment. This may or may not change within the next few months.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes, I have played official MapleStory servers.

Which one?: I have played GMS and KMS.

How long?: I have been playing GMS since the beta in 2004, and I played KMS for about 3 months in 2009.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: Yes, I have been in a staff position in a private server.

List the game(s): RadianceMS, around 2011, when it was a v62 server.

How long have you worked there?: I worked there for around 3 months.

What did your duties consist of?: I was an Intern, promoted to Game Master, and my duties consisted of patrolling for anyone breaking the ToS, hosting events, communicating with the community, and helping process bans.

Do you still work there? If no, why not?: I do not work there anymore. The original server closed down a while ago, and I left shortly before then due to needing to focus on my schooling.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?

I am flexible, and as such, I am comfortable working alone as well as working on a team with others. As part of my education and career path, there are times when I must work alone, with minimal guidance to reach my end goal, as well as times when I must work with a team towards the goal. I am adept at both of these situations, having experienced them plenty of times in my past.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?

I am a very determined individual, not prone to giving up very easily in times of stress. As a Computer Science major, I am experienced in tech support, and dealing with people who need tech support, including people who may not know much about computers in general. With this skill I hope to be able to assist people who ask for technical help on the discord to the best of my abilities. I have an interest in programming, having just started learning, and am willing to speed up my learning if Nova ever needed help. I also have past experience as a Game Master, and I can learn anything I must very quickly.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?

Above all, I believe that being fair is the most important quality of a GM. Game Masters are still members of the community, and they have friends like other people. A GM must be able to pass judgement when needed without being easy with punishments to players who might be their friends. They must also not put a punishment that is undeserved on a player they do not get along with. GMs must also be honest and hard working, and willing to help players when they need it.

Why do you want to work with us?

Ever since I joined this wonderful community, I was amazed at how well the staff did their jobs. I know I have had my fair share of negative run-ins with people on this server before. Like most people, I am not perfect. But I do respect the staff and the job they do, and I care about the community that has grown around them. The owners responded to catastrophic failures, such as server crashes, very quickly, especially compared to other servers (or even Nexon themselves!). Nova in particular is a great programmer, releasing updates very quickly alongside GMS, sometimes going live before GMS itself, such as with the Blaster patch.

01010100 01101000 01100001 01101110 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100001
    Last edited by MonadoBoy; 09-26-2016 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Formatting Touch-ups
    MonadoBoy - 221 Night Lord

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MonadoBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Commenting not as a fellow applicant, but as a member of the Elluel community.

Extremely helpful guy on Discord, more often than not answering questions that individuals pose, sometimes aiding in resolving technical issues. Seen him once or twice in-game but haven't had the chance to interact with him so far. I believe that his experience in tech support is the reason behind his clean and concise answers as proven by himself many times(on discord). I believe he'll be a great intern and eventually(?) a great GM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Seize For This Useful Post:

very lazy person Epsilon xXuanx's Avatar
    Thanks
    +1 . Known him for about a month or two. Always helping out on discord
    bye.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xXuanx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Applicant has previously shown disinterest within the staff team, undermining their abilities and contradicting statements made within your application.

Denied.