Character Name: Nifty
Do you have a Skype (yes/no): Yes, DM me
Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it: Nifty#0135
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time
Location: Los Angeles
When did you join AriesMS?: August 06, 2016
What do you like most about AriesMS?:
There are a lot of things I can list about what I like about Aries, but what I really admire the most is the community. There are players out there helping those who are in need and actually take the time to help each other out. The community does not fail to amuse me whenever I hop onto the Discord chat. Everyone of those individuals that I have spoken with during Discord are amazing and I hope to see this community push on stronger.
How well are you able to communicate with the players:
I think that all players should be given the same respect, even if they are being disrespectful to someone. I understand the frustration players go through when a problem arises, because I am one of those players who come across the problem as well. I also do my best to help out in the #support channel whenever I can help find a solution to the problems that the players will come across. I have a general understanding of how the players are and can provide support for those who are in need of assistance.
Do you have any other commitments?:
My only commitment is school. I am on campus during Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. During those times I will be focused on school work, but in the breaks I have until my next class, I am on the discord chat.
Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes
Which one?: MapleStory Big Bang (July 2010)
How long?: Three years, before quitting.
Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: No, this will be the first time I will be taking on a staff position for a private server, though I do have experience on being a staff member on another game. I am able to use those skills I have learned during the time I was staff there.
List the game(s): n/a
How long have you worked there?: n/a
What do your duties consist of?: n/a
Do you still work there? If no, why not?: n/a
Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?: In honesty, I do prefer working alone. Although I am pretty flexible. The only reason I prefer to work alone is because due to prior experience during my time as staff, I usually share credit to those who refuse to help me out on certain projects. Now that I am in college, I am learning to adapt to working in teams. There are pros and cons in working solo and in teams, but I am open to learning new things and become more of a team player.
What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?:
Being a college student gave me a skill I should have picked up a long time ago, which is determination. When a task is given to me, I will work on the task until the task is completed and I am satisfied with my work. I am also a perfectionist when it comes to a task that needs to be completed, because when I feel that the task is not ready to be labeled as finished, I need to continue working on it until I feel like it is ready. I do feel like this is a quality, yet it sometimes feels like a quirk. Another skill I find important is communication. I have learned that communication is what we thrive on and what we do everyday. Through communication, we can provide information to players so they do not have a bad experience with Aries.
Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?:
- Dependability: I find that dependability is huge quality that every Game Master should have. Being a dependable person can affect a lot of people and shows others how much they can rely on you. Dependability means that you are someone who always does everything that you say you will and never make promises you cannot keep.
- Literacy: Being literate is another important feature that every Game Master should have. In my opinion, I believe that being able to comprehend tasks, or even writing is very important when becoming a Game Master. No one wants to follow a Game Master who is illiterate. A Game Master needs to be able to have an understanding on directions, which allows the players to not follow blindly and become misguided. Being literate can also help create a friendly environment for players who need guidance.
- Adaptiveness: One of the key factors of being a Game Master is to adapt. The ability to quickly switch up the way you work can improve a dire situation almost significantly. There are always situations that are new to us and we need to learn to adapt to the situation and learn from it. Being able to swiftly solve an issue is in my opinion one of the most important skill a Game Master should have.
- Awareness: Having knowledge or perception on certain situation or fact is handy. Problems on Discord should not be your only concern. You must be aware of the situation on the forums as well. There are also players who are not registered with Discord or on the forums, so you must also be aware of players who need assistance in game as well.
Why do you want to work with us?:
- I want to give back to the community who has done so much for me. I remember still starting out playing Aries and was stuck in the middle. I have met some rather interesting players that I wish to come into contact with again, because they helped build me as a character. There are also times where players took time out of their day to help me when I am just someone they have met. Although I have done my fair share of assisting, I want to do more for the community and give back to them.
- I also want to carry some of the workload off the staff members as I have seen massive workload stacked on them. I do remember some players asking for assistance, but sometimes they go unanswered, as staff members are already busy taking care of other tasks at hand. It is not like they do not care, there is just too much work for them at the moment.
- This is also pretty selfish of me, but I do want to learn more. Although I have previous staff experience on another game, I feel like it is not enough as the game was not as intricate as Aries. Aries brings a whole new level of MapleStory that I wish to learn more about.