Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Mavi's second staff application

Before we begin, I'd like to say something.
    I'm making this application as an offer to help. I know that the staff currently has no GMT +1 staff so I'm offering help for the time being.
    Whether you decide to hire me again or not is on you. I will not take it personal and I'd kind of understand why, but please do note that people make mistakes.
    My mistake was blindly trusting somebody(ex-staff member) who I deeply care(d) about and miscommunication on both sides with a certain staff member.
    I was defending the community and trying to protect them from injustice. Sadly, I was lied to and screenshots/context were manipulated into things they weren't.
    I'd also like to note that I had a rough time in real life the exact moment when I got accepted as a GM and after my first ''return''. I apologize for my behavior at that time being. I shouldn't have been so snappy and I'm happy that I've made things right with people.
    While I haven't fully recovered and have burnouts often(weekly, it's my way of ''healing'' and recovering from stressful events) I'm still here no matter what and people can always message me if they need me.
    Just note that it's very difficult dealing with PTSD for me and I just have my moments where I just need to be left alone.

My application doesn't need to be accepted right away. Think about it for a very long time and have a personal interview with me again if you want. Or deny it, just keep it in the back in your head that I'm only offering to be your GMT +1 staff for a while just to help the staff AND the community.

It's up to the staff whether they want me as a community manager, a gamemaster or just straight-up deny me. Just know that I'm here to help, with or without powers.
    Personal Details:
    Name:

Mavi.
    Character Name:
    Furry / grill
    Do you have a Skype (yes/no):
    Yes, some of the staff members still have me added on Skype.
    Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it (include your 4-digit account number):
    I'm on Discord on a daily basis. My number is #2880.
    Time zone:
    GMT +1

When did you join AriesMS?:
    I joined before around/before BETA release.
    What do you like most about AriesMS?:
    Gee..where do I begin?
    I have very fond memories of AriesMS. I've met great people and made amazing friends through AriesMS. I can honestly say that Aries has and always will be one of my favorite private servers.
    What I like the most is the community. While it has its flaws it sure is one of the best communities that I've ever seen in a game. It's very easy to pop in and make friends without feeling threatened by the top or older players.
    The staff is professional and friendly and very forgiving. At times even too forgiving for their own good, but still a great team.

How well are you able to communicate with the players:
    I am able to communicate excellent with the players of AriesMS, and from what I know players have no trouble with communicating with me.

Do you have any other commitments?:
    I still volunteer on a weekly basis, just not as much as I used to. Other than that, I play a lot of videogames so I do have a lot of spare time.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?:
    Yes.
    Which one?:
    Global.
    How long?:
    I've played GMS for over ten years.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?:
    Yes.
    List the game(s):
    - WinterMS (2008, #1 server at the time.)
    - VillainMS (2010, top 5.)
    - MadHatterMS(2010, the server was made together with old VMS staff members.)
    -AngelMS (2011)
    -VillainMS (2011)
    And.. of course..
    - AriesMS(2016)

How long have you worked there?:
    WinterMS :
    I did not work here for a very long time. Maybe a few months top? I was only 14/15 at the time being and had a bad case of teen angst.
    VillainMS :
    I was a part of the VillainMS community for a very long time. I joined VMS in the summer of 2010 and became a staff member not that much long after, and after months I was eventually promoted to (the only)European headGM and eventually to Admin. I am still friends with the staff.
    AngelMS :
    AngelMS was a ''rebirth'' server of VillainMS. Eventually the admin shut it down and decided to bring VillainMS back.
    MadHatterMS :
    MadHatterMS was a server created by two ex-gamemasters from VillainMS who both created MadHatterMS to protest and take a break against a head-coder, who was very abusive and two-faced. Nearly the entire staff left VMS to join MadHatterMS. MadHatterMS was shut down after two-three months.
    AriesMS :
    As always I quickly became a staff member. This time I became a staff member for AriesMS. If I remember correctly I was a staff member for one or two months, before I desperately needed a break from a LOT of things. I still regret leaving the staff.

What do your duties consist of?
    I rarely hosted events on the servers because most of the time I was busy socializing with the community.
    I did my daily chores (check-ups) multiple times a day but at most I was busy socializing with the friendly community.
    I was assigned to deal with problems often since I was most of the time the most unbiased staff member, and players had no problem talking to me about problems.
    The one thing the servers had in common was I was the only GMT +1 staff member and I had to cover both my timezone and other timezones often. In other words, I am rather flexible at times.

Do you still work there? If no, why not?
    All of the named servers except for AriesMS have since long shut down.
    I left AriesMS because I just couldn't take it anymore since I had to deal with a lot of stressful events in real life, including fleeing my country for a bit, dealing with my dad being in the hospital and dealing with legal issues w/ my old job. I can't even properly explain how stressed I was.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?
    I am comfortable with both. I can lead or follow the lead.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?
    I am incredibly forgiving and caring, and even at times I care too much. I am open, friendly and easy to talk to. Easy to befriend and easy to keep as a friend.
    I am VERY loyal and very protective over friends and over the community and will speak my mind if I feel like something is not fair or if injustice is happening. (as some of you have already seen.. )
    I'm aware of my flaws and I think that is something unique. I KNOW I am immature with jokes but I can also be very mature with other things.
    My unique quality is that I have no problem with calling out anybody and that I'm not afraid of the consequences when I do so as I believe in justice. Friend or foe. I have no trouble teaming up with a foe if I know that a friend is lying about something.
    I am unbiased(most of the time..) and neutral. (Chaotic neutral at times.)
    I have a lot of experience working together with people and I have a LOT of patience. I know exactly when enough is enough and when to keep my mouth shut.
    I have no trouble working together with people no matter how much I dislike them. In the end we're in the same team or community and we should learn to work and live together.
    Please know that 'joking' about things is my way of dealing with them. I never mean anything as personal.
    I am also very caring about the staff and I want them to feel rested, hence why I am currently applying so that I can cover up the GMT +1 timezone.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?
    - Loyalty

Be both loyal to the staff and to the community. If you don't like the staff then do it for the community you love.
    - Patience
    Being calm, cool and collected is sure a very important quality that one should have if they wish to become a staff member.
    - Trust
    Players need to feel like they can trust and count on you. Whether it about the game or about personal issues. We're here to help you.
    - Caring
    It's not just about being a GM and doing GM duties, it's also about socializing with your community and keeping them happy.
    - Know when enough is enough.
    It's absolutely important to know where your limits are and not to push yourself to the point where you snap.
    - Leadership
    In the end, you are a role model and you should be able to take lead when you need to. Both for the community and for the staff.
    - Unbiased
    Learn to live with eachother. Get the time to fully know somebody before you make a final judgement. Yes, even if that person is him.
    - Expect the unexpected.
    Learn to trust both sides. Your friends and your 'enemies'. for all you know your friends could be the one who's lying. I've learned this the hard way.
    - TEAMWORK!
    Being able to work with whoever no matter your issues. You're a team and you should be able to trust eachother.
    - Be yourself.
    Don't change yourself to get what you want. In the end of all this you are still a human being with your own personality. I am a clown and I will always be a clown.
    - Learn to deal with criticism.
    Negative or positive. Learn from your mistakes and grow as a person.

Why do you want to work with us?:
    It's not that I want to work together just with the staff. I also want to work together with the community into a brighter AriesMS future. While I am not the best at answering questions at times due to limited English , I am however great with other things.
    I love volunteering and helping people, and helping people on AriesMS in my sparetime would be great.
    I have to admit that I currently prefer being a CM over being a GM.
    As I have stated in my older GM application ;
    '' My English isn't the best and I feel very limited in my application because I cannot find the right words or just simply don't know how to explain.''
    I want to prove my worth to the staff all over again. I want to show them that I am NOTHING like her and that I only mean the best for everybody, even if I make many mistakes in the progress. Making mistakes only shows that you're trying and boy do I try.

I'd rather not have people comment about '' I never see you help ''
    I have done plenty of things for AriesMS. Most of those have happened or are happening behind your back or you weren't there.
    While I wasn't a staff member I still helped the new interns with everything without the higher ranking staff knowing.

I have already been a GM before on AriesMS.

I have done a lot more than you think I have. Let me show you what I am capable of without going full ''gotta prove myself to everybody while my GM application is up''

Still, feel free to give me criticism. <3
    Happy mapling!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Furry For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned Gamma
    Thanks
    As per requested (I was gonna do it anyways), I am now going to give the "Zacky" response.

Mavi, oh Mavi. "Mavi is suuuch a wonderfully intelligent person. But underneath that cloak it so desperately loves to hide under is a monster no one has ever seen before.. I'm talking Chris-chan shit." I'll leave that in there, but alright no more kidding around.

Mavi is actually a rather interesting person, I've had my personal chats with it and have (ahem) regrettably leaked out information I should have never done, but I will put that aside since that's more of a me problem. With that, it definitely does help a ton. During my time of application, behind the scenes it would tell me a ton of things that would help motivate me towards a better route into becoming GM. Obviously I failed to even listen to it, but that's not important right now. Right now, to prevent myself from leaking any information, I won't say said stuff, so you have to take my word for it. I have also witnessed it bragging about catching good ol' rule breakers, which is always fun to hear of someone being so happy to catch pests that dare violate the ToS.

From the day it came back, I've grown quite fond of it actually. It was (and still is as it states) a rather obvious wreck of memes and personal issues. But I've seen it change into the more professional, open-minded person it is currently. Obviously it already was, but an even better one now I suppose if that makes sense.

What it states in it app is the full package and maybe even more it has hidden because every human keeps their secrets. Now, the past is the past and people definitely change. There is no reason to hold back someone unless they've done something so vile that it shouldn't even warrant coming near them, which I definitely do not believe Mavi has earned. As I've said before and like it states, the server needs a GMT+1 staff. It is by far the best candidate currently (no offense to other current applicants) for the job now that it is applying. And they should take that risk, no matter how bad you or more think the outcome might be.

I overall, +1 this application. Good luck Mavi, you're a true friend and a wonderful asset to this community.

Due to Mavi staying neutral, I have changed the word that describes their gender to it. I'll even italics it so you won't get confused. If you want to know it gender, feel free to talk to it and become friends with it. It's really easy as it is very open to everyone. Cheers.

And no, I won't be correcting any grammatical issues caused by changing said gender to "it".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User has proven to be trustworthy.
    Last edited by Zacky; 08-31-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    On Discord all the time, seemingly gets along with everyone, has an overall fun personality from what I've witnessed, and already knows how to do the job. I don't exactly know what went wrong the first time around but hopefully he/she/they has/have fixed whatever needed fixing. It's a +1 for me but then again, because it would be a second chance, expect it to go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    I want to show them that I am NOTHING like herand that I only mean the best for everybody, even if I make many mistakes in the progress.
    Female pronouns?

착한 것만으론 아무 것도 할 수 없다

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    On Discord all the time, seemingly gets along with everyone, has an overall fun personality from what I've witnessed, and already knows how to do the job. I don't exactly know what went wrong the first time around but hopefully he/she/they has/have fixed whatever needed fixing. It's a +1 for me but then again, because it would be a second chance, expect it to go either way.

Female pronouns?
    Nope, just.. somebody.

Nothing really went wrong and I didn't get demoted even though people think I did for some reason.

I just stepped down all of a sudden after being gone for a bit because I had too much going on my plate and I felt like I couldn't give Aries the GM it deserved at the time.
    (I was there when Blaise got promoted to intern, and when I came back he was already promoted to GM. That's how long I was gone for.)

no, i'm the other aden Zeta aden's Avatar
    Thanks
    with mavi as a gm we'd have around 56.7% less gently stabbings on aries.
    mavi's a great and funny person who i know would take this shit seriously

you know what this application was?

big ol' +1
    -
    [Irelia - shadower - 204]
    mavi supports genocide

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    Personal Details:
    Name:

Mavi.
    Character Name:
    Furry / grill
    Do you have a Skype (yes/no):
    Yes, some of the staff members still have me added on Skype.
    Are you on Discord? If yes, what is your name on it (include your 4-digit account number):
    I'm on Discord on a daily basis. My number is #2880.
    Time zone:
    GMT +1

When did you join AriesMS?:
    I joined before around/before BETA release.
    What do you like most about AriesMS?:
    Gee..where do I begin?
    I have very fond memories of AriesMS. I've met great people and made amazing friends through AriesMS. I can honestly say that Aries has and always will be one of my favorite private servers.
    What I like the most is the community. While it has its flaws it sure is one of the best communities that I've ever seen in a game. It's very easy to pop in and make friends without feeling threatened by the top or older players.
    The staff is professional and friendly and very forgiving. At times even too forgiving for their own good, but still a great team.

How well are you able to communicate with the players:
    I am able to communicate excellent with the players of AriesMS, and from what I know players have no trouble with communicating with me.

Do you have any other commitments?:
    I still volunteer on a weekly basis, just not as much as I used to. Other than that, I play a lot of videogames so I do have a lot of spare time.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?:
    Yes.
    Which one?:
    Global.
    How long?:
    I've played GMS for over ten years.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?:
    Yes.
    List the game(s):
    - WinterMS (2008, #1 server at the time.)
    - VillainMS (2010, top 5.)
    - MadHatterMS(2010, the server was made together with old VMS staff members.)
    -AngelMS (2011)
    -VillainMS (2011)
    And.. of course..
    - AriesMS(2016)

How long have you worked there?:
    WinterMS :
    I did not work here for a very long time. Maybe a few months top? I was only 14/15 at the time being and had a bad case of teen angst.
    VillainMS :
    I was a part of the VillainMS community for a very long time. I joined VMS in the summer of 2010 and became a staff member not that much long after, and after months I was eventually promoted to (the only)European headGM and eventually to Admin. I am still friends with the staff.
    AngelMS :
    AngelMS was a ''rebirth'' server of VillainMS. Eventually the admin shut it down and decided to bring VillainMS back.
    MadHatterMS :
    MadHatterMS was a server created by two ex-gamemasters from VillainMS who both created MadHatterMS to protest and take a break against a head-coder, who was very abusive and two-faced. Nearly the entire staff left VMS to join MadHatterMS. MadHatterMS was shut down after two-three months.
    AriesMS :
    As always I quickly became a staff member. This time I became a staff member for AriesMS. If I remember correctly I was a staff member for one or two months, before I desperately needed a break from a LOT of things. I still regret leaving the staff.

What do your duties consist of?
    I rarely hosted events on the servers because most of the time I was busy socializing with the community.
    I did my daily chores (check-ups) multiple times a day but at most I was busy socializing with the friendly community.
    I was assigned to deal with problems often since I was most of the time the most unbiased staff member, and players had no problem talking to me about problems.
    The one thing the servers had in common was I was the only GMT +1 staff member and I had to cover both my timezone and other timezones often. In other words, I am rather flexible at times.

Do you still work there? If no, why not?
    All of the named servers except for AriesMS have since long shut down.
    I left AriesMS because I just couldn't take it anymore since I had to deal with a lot of stressful events in real life, including fleeing my country for a bit, dealing with my dad being in the hospital and dealing with legal issues w/ my old job. I can't even properly explain how stressed I was.

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team?
    I am comfortable with both. I can lead or follow the lead.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the AriesMS staff team?
    I am incredibly forgiving and caring, and even at times I care too much. I am open, friendly and easy to talk to. Easy to befriend and easy to keep as a friend.
    I am VERY loyal and very protective over friends and over the community and will speak my mind if I feel like something is not fair or if injustice is happening. (as some of you have already seen.. )
    I'm aware of my flaws and I think that is something unique. I KNOW I am immature with jokes but I can also be very mature with other things.
    My unique quality is that I have no problem with calling out anybody and that I'm not afraid of the consequences when I do so as I believe in justice. Friend or foe. I have no trouble teaming up with a foe if I know that a friend is lying about something.
    I am unbiased(most of the time..) and neutral. (Chaotic neutral at times.)
    I have a lot of experience working together with people and I have a LOT of patience. I know exactly when enough is enough and when to keep my mouth shut.
    I have no trouble working together with people no matter how much I dislike them. In the end we're in the same team or community and we should learn to work and live together.
    Please know that 'joking' about things is my way of dealing with them. I never mean anything as personal.
    I am also very caring about the staff and I want them to feel rested, hence why I am currently applying so that I can cover up the GMT +1 timezone.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?
    - Loyalty

Be both loyal to the staff and to the community. If you don't like the staff then do it for the community you love.
    - Patience
    Being calm, cool and collected is sure a very important quality that one should have if they wish to become a staff member.
    - Trust
    Players need to feel like they can trust and count on you. Whether it about the game or about personal issues. We're here to help you.
    - Caring
    It's not just about being a GM and doing GM duties, it's also about socializing with your community and keeping them happy.
    - Know when enough is enough.
    It's absolutely important to know where your limits are and not to push yourself to the point where you snap.
    - Leadership
    In the end, you are a role model and you should be able to take lead when you need to. Both for the community and for the staff.
    - Unbiased
    Learn to live with eachother. Get the time to fully know somebody before you make a final judgement. Yes, even if that person is him.
    - Expect the unexpected.
    Learn to trust both sides. Your friends and your 'enemies'. for all you know your friends could be the one who's lying. I've learned this the hard way.
    - TEAMWORK!
    Being able to work with whoever no matter your issues. You're a team and you should be able to trust eachother.
    - Be yourself.
    Don't change yourself to get what you want. In the end of all this you are still a human being with your own personality. I am a clown and I will always be a clown.
    - Learn to deal with criticism.
    Negative or positive. Learn from your mistakes and grow as a person.

Why do you want to work with us?:
    It's not that I want to work together just with the staff. I also want to work together with the community into a brighter AriesMS future. While I am not the best at answering questions at times due to limited English , I am however great with other things.
    I love volunteering and helping people, and helping people on AriesMS in my sparetime would be great.
    I have to admit that I currently prefer being a CM over being a GM.
    As I have stated in my older GM application ;
    '' My English isn't the best and I feel very limited in my application because I cannot find the right words or just simply don't know how to explain.''
    I want to prove my worth to the staff all over again. I want to show them that I am NOTHING like her and that I only mean the best for everybody, even if I make many mistakes in the progress. Making mistakes only shows that you're trying and boy do I try.

Happy mapling!
    this is where Bryant steps in. Now me and Mavi have had a what u can call "HATE" relationship before. She used to harass me and i used to harass her (well i kinda started it) ;(. But now , when Mavi came back i cleared everything with her. I can see that she has really changed and can become a really gr8 person m8. In Aries , we have ABSOLUTELY no GM member who treats other players equally. If they joke around they would take it too hard and will punish them. But Mavi wasnt like that. When she was intern she and Delete were the only staff members that were interacting with the players. Now i dont mind if u dont interact with players and all its ur choice if u want to or not but dont give bs attitude. As someone who actually think that the staff isnt that good anymore right now , I would like to see Mavi be a staff member. If u actually dont give her a staff position just because she jokes around then thats pretty much bs. People in this server take things too seriously which resulted in me getting lots of hate. My decision on this app is a +1. GOOD LUCK MAVI FAM

but why did u jail me/ban me when i said hail hitler in march ;-;

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
    this is where Bryant steps in. Now me and Mavi have had a what u can call "HATE" relationship before. She used to harass me and i used to harass her (well i kinda started it) ;(. But now , when Mavi came back i cleared everything with her. I can see that she has really changed and can become a really gr8 person m8. In Aries , we have ABSOLUTELY no GM member who treats other players equally. If they joke around they would take it too hard and will punish them. But Mavi wasnt like that. When she was intern she and Delete were the only staff members that were interacting with the players. Now i dont mind if u dont interact with players and all its ur choice if u want to or not but dont give bs attitude. As someone who actually think that the staff isnt that good anymore right now , I would like to see Mavi be a staff member. If u actually dont give her a staff position just because she jokes around then thats pretty much bs. People in this server take things too seriously which resulted in me getting lots of hate. My decision on this app is a +1. GOOD LUCK MAVI FAM

but why did u jail me/ban me when i said hail hitler in march ;-;
    Aww Bryant you're so sweet! I was expecting you to comment on my app but I thought you'd bark at me! Nice to see you remember us talking it out<3

very lazy person Epsilon xXuanx's Avatar
    Thanks
    +1 .
    Seen around in Discord actively helping players. Not sure about in game because I have never stalked
    bye.

Thanks
    Cant denied that I'm impressed by that dank meme you have for profile, but I'm also impressed by this application of your. So much effort was put into this and clearly you have potential for GM position. Good luck.
    +1

Thanks
    +1.